As Long As I Am With You

Poyraz was getting ready to have lunch and see his friends.  He was back for a visit at the Ada and was looking forward to seeing them.  He had just put on a white shirt and was getting ready to comb his hair when he happened to notice something among his burnished brown locks.

Is that a gray hair?  He took a closer look and leaned into the mirror.  He swept his hair to one side and squinted, trying to verify if he did see what he think he saw.

Poyraz is not a vain man.  But, one cannot help but note the passage of time.  Is he really getting that old?  Well, having two rugrats running around one in circles does do that to a man.  But he would not exchange Deniz and Aden for anything in the world.  Even to stop time.

A figure appeared behind him on the mirror and Poyraz saw that it was his wife Haziran.  He looked at her and smiled.  His wife of five years is so beautiful.  She was wearing a cropped gray shirt and white shorts and looked as fresh as a spring day.

Poyraz finds himself staring at her many times to make sure that she was really his. 

"My mom has the kids," she related.  "What are you doing?  I thought you would be ready by now?"

Poyraz hesitated to tell her that he had been investigating the presence of that one gray hair.

He has learned however, that he could never hide anything from her.  Haziran always ferreted every secret he had.  He still has not figured out how she managed to do that.  So, giving into the inevitable, he told her and waited for her laughter.

But, the laughter never came.  Instead, she stood up and moved behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Poyraz could feel Haziran resting her head on his shoulder blades as she squeezed him tight.  She poked her head next to his right shoulder and said, "You will always be the most handsome man to me, one gray hair, all gray-haired, or no hair at all on that smart head do yours!"

Poyraz turned around, gathering her close and putting his lips to her hair.  He then leaned back and looked at her precious face face saying, "I love you Haziran."

She chuckled and took his hand, placing it on her flat belly.  Her eyes, bright with laughter, looked at him.  She said, "well, old man, good thing we love each other.  Get ready, in six months time we will be welcoming number three."

Poyraz felt the exhilaration of expecting another child to love.  He also sensed a second gray hair sprouting on his head.  But he did not care. Not at all, when he had Haziran in his arms.