Outtake 2 - LeySin

Story dedicated to Jae who asked for one story about Sinan and ended up with two stories about LeySin appropriately on TwosDay, 22-2-22.
***************
LeySin Scenario One

Leyla has had it with men. After the debacle and ensuing heartache with Hakan, she decided to foreswear any and all men. She had left her old job a year ago, not even wanting to accidentally have any contact with Hakan or her old boss, both men having made her life absolutely miserable. Instead, she decided to open her own business and work independent of any men. After a year of hard work, many sleepless nights and overcoming the temptation of going back to work for another, Leyla had finally reached a measure of success. Her small events planning business now had enough contacts and contracts in the pipeline to keep the business going and growing into the next years. That success had freed Leyla enough to allow herself to start enjoying life again. That was why she was in a club that night with some friends. They were out to celebrate the fact that they were together and that they were young and free.

As Leyla looked around the club, she noted the flashing lights, the loud music and the bodies pressed together undulating to the music. The place was was euphoric with the pulse of Istanbul. Leyla was enjoying the feeling of being alive once more when she noticed a young man walk up to the stage, holding a champagne bottle in his hand. He had the look of a wolf, his eyes seemingly searching through the crowd for a prey. Then he gave an arrogant smirk as he began spraying the crowd with the contents of the bottle. Afterwards, he started drinking straight from the bottle himself.

At first, Leyla thought he was just a drunk that decided to get up on the stage for kicks. But as she looked more closely, she realized that he did not look drunk at all. Rather, to her eyes, he looked lost. His eyes were bleak and his face had that tragic look of not caring what happened to him. Leyla felt pity for him. She knew that look. She had seen it many times in the past year mirrored in her face. Before she could look away, Leyla saw him turn his face to her and look straight into her eyes.

As his eyes caught hers, Leyla saw him swing down the bottle to his side. He stared at her, his eyes narrowing as he tried to puzzle her out. She saw him take a sudden step back, as if recognizing the pity in her eyes and being repulsed by it. She saw his eyes previously empty eyes harden and his face take on a determined look. He then turned to walk off the stage and marched straight towards her.

As he approached, Leyla was unsure about what to do. Should she say anything to him or should she walk away and avoid any unpleasantness? Before she could move, he was sat next to her on the table. He asked, "can I buy you a drink?" Leyla looked at him. He looked so different now from the lost boy on the stage. Up close, he was a very self composed handsome man, a bit young but still with the assurance of someone who knew his place in the world. He wore his cloak of conceit and privilege to perfection. But, Leyla could still see that his eyes held that bit of vulnerability she had seen before, so she gentled her voice and gave him a kind smile as she said, "a Manhattan." He looked at her assessingly then turned to one of the servers seemingly waiting for this man to call on him. After giving the order for her drink, he turned back to her and said, "you were looking at me."

Leyla met his eyes without blinking, thinking that she liked the fact that he was direct and to the point. She said "Yes, I was looking. I was you. About a year ago. Uncaring of the world, wanting to do something, anything, to feel alive again."

He glared at her presumption for a moment. Then his eyes turned thoughtful. She could see that he was considering what she had said to him. Trying to decide if he should be upset or ignore what she had said. He apparently decided to listen instead. He looked at her up and down. Then he gazed at each feature of her face, and asked "are you still that person, from a year ago?"