Not Quite A Stranger

Poyraz hurriedly stepped out of the elevator onto the rooftop deck and restaurant of the hotel where Haziran worked, looking for his wife.  As his eyes scanned the area, he noted the soft glowing sconces and lamps that lit the deep wood tables and aubergine sofas and chairs.

The restaurant portion was surrounded by a glass roof and folding doors that opened into an outdoor terrace with unparalleled views of the Istanbul night lights.  One could even see the shining Hagia Sophia towering over the city.

Poyraz finally found Haziran talking to two men and a woman in business suits.  It was a night to celebrate the completion of a business deal that would bring two highly lucrative conventions to the hotel thanks to Haziran's and her team's hard work. Haziran was politely smiling and listening to one of the men talk.  She exuded just the right amount of interest as he saw her nod her agreement at whatever the man was saying.

Poyraz then saw Haziran make her excuses and walk away from the group.  Poyraz could not help but admire how Haziran looked.  She was wearing a dark jacket over a black dress and her hair was pulled back from her face showing her  simple gold hooped earrings. She had minimal makeup on and her whole appearance marked her understated elegance.  He himself was in black trousers and a black jacket with a white shirt that Haziran said looked good on him.

Haziran made her way to the restaurant bar and Poyraz followed her.  When she reached the bar, Haziran took off her jacket and draped it on the seat back.  Poyraz did a double take when he saw the dress that was beneath the jacket. It was low on the shoulder and revealed Haziran's long neck and smooth skin.  She had two gold chains, one of which tantalizingly dipped somewhere between her cleavage.

She sat on one of the bar seats and looked around, probably trying to find him.  Poyraz walked up behind her and whispered in her ear, "may I buy you a drink?"  She straightened up at first, but relaxed when she saw him reflected at the mirror behind the bar.

Poyraz saw Haziran suppress a smile as she continued to look away from him.  She then teasingly said, "how could I possibly accept a drink from you sir, when I don't even know you?"

Poyraz tried to unsuccessfully contain a smile from forming on his lips and asked, "who would you like me to be?"  Haziran appeared to consider the question, looking up at the sky, and then saying, "please please tell me you are Brad Pitt!"

Poyraz could not help but laugh as he turned Haziran's seat around so she could face him.  They had joked in the past about which actors they would like to play them if their life was ever made into a movie and he had said "Brad Pitt."

Poyraz tried to look contrite as he said "sorry, not Brad Pitt.  Would your poor husband do?"  Haziran ran her fingers down the opened collar of his shirt, and then looked up at him giving him an impish smile, "yes, you will do.  My husband is much better looking anyway."

Then she got off her seat, leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Where were you?  Why are you late?" Poyraz responded, "just got tied up with something."  Poyraz did not yet want to tell Haziran that he had finally found a place that he thinks could be their own. It was small, but it had a little garden and a bit of a view of the water to remind them of the Ada. 

Haziran said, "well, I am glad you are here now.  Let's get you something to eat."  Poyraz took the jacket and helped Haziran put it back on. But before they could take a step, Poyraz tugged at Haziran's hand and turned her to face him.  He looked into her eyes and said "I am proud of you!"

Haziran touched his face with one hand and he saw her face soften to a loving look. Then she gave him a minxish smile with a sultry look in her eyes.  She tiptoed and whispered in his ears, "flattery will certainly get you places my dear."