CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Waylan's POV

"So what I'm hearing is that, it was all Joes fault as we suspected. How long before the loan sharks come after Holly again and how long before we kill him?" Gemma says bluntly.

Mum clears her throat and glares, "No killing. You guys won't be having blood on your hands. We will sort this out appropriately. Waylan and Harley, come with me please."

Willow stands up, "How about me?"

"Trust me honey, stay out of this. Let me just speak to your dad and brother"

She rolls her eyes and sits back down, Gem sits bare her and they talk. I follow mum and dad, to mums office. As soon as mum locks the door, she faces us and looks determined. She looks at dad first, "I need you to find out who the loan shark is, find out how much Joe owes and who the shark is connected to. For him to send men and make this into a bigger thing means that there's something large at stake."

"I'll make some calls" Dad nods and gets her phone out, starting to text.

Mum looks at me this time, "I need you to protect your sister. She's not in the right headspace and could do the wrong things. You guys are kids and I don't want of you to get hurt. Watch Willow at all times and make sure to check on Holly too. This stress during a pregnancy is dangerous and she will need support. I'll speak to Willow and try to calm her mind. But from now on, I'll sort this out. I'll call Sasha and see what she can do."

"Mum" Her eyes soften, "I'll do whatever I can to protect her. You guys have to be careful though, I have a bad feeling every time I see Joe. He is hiding something and it's better to find that out first before any of us become another victim" Mum approaches me then hugs me tightly and I immediately calm down. I didn't even realise that I was tense and so angry.

Dad rests a hand on my shoulder and smiles, "It will all be fine."

We all leave the office and I see Willow pacing, she stops when she sees me and it's like we are telepathic. She understands and nods then walks off. Holly stands up and follows her. Rubbing my temple, Gemma approaches. "So what's happening? Megan is already on deep search and I'm pissed."

"Just please keep chill, my parents are on it. We have to make sure Willow doesn't spiral. You know how she can get and this could tip her over the edge. I don't know how bad it would be this time..." Gemma states into my eyes then sighs and nods.

Willow becomes another person when things go wrong, she becomes colder than ever, determine in the wrong way and is numb to everyone. This situation needs to be sorted or else she will completely shut everyone out and it could end deathly.

As time goes by, Willow and Holly leave with their friends. I head straight to my room where I take a shower then straight to bed. The events of today has my head filled with scenarios that both scare me and enlighten me.

Mixed emotions...hate them.

———

Mum and Dad have been heading straight to work every morning and then would come back just before I'd go to sleep. I can tell that they are tired and trying their best, I wish I could help more. These past few days, they've spoke with the police, Aunty Sasha, family friends and Holly's parents. They want to do it mostly by the book, the police have formed a separate investigation from Perry's which is all about Joe. Sasha couldn't tell us much as usual but she did give us a gist. Police resources aren't the best so my mum has been doing her own little part.

Willow has been in her head and you can tell. She's been getting in trouble in class for not completing work or cooperating. I try to talk to her but she brushes it off, it pains me to see my twin in pain. All she wants is for Holly and the baby to be safe.