CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Willows POV

I've been sat next to Holly four hours now. Joe and I took her to the hospital. I've spoken to the police as well as Joe, he gave them a sketch of one of the guys and tried his best to remember. As much as I hate him for cheating, I respect him for being here and trying his best. The nurses stitched his brow up and cleaned his wounds. They cleaned some of the grazes from my knuckles then left.

The door opens and he walks in with two coffees, he passes me one and I take it thankfully. "Hey...um thank you for being here and sorry for hurting you"

He laughs softly, "It's fine, I've hurt Holly before. I regret it everyday, but I know she should be happily with someone else...the someone else being you"

I'm in shock as he says that.

We hear a yawn and see Holly wake up, she broke a rib and hit her head pretty hard. After her scan and tests, she fell asleep. The doctor lets us know that she can go home when we're ready. She gave us some medication as well some advice.

Holly looks at us with red eyes, "I don't want to go home" She mumbles.

Joe and I look at each other then I look back at Holly, "It's okay, you can stay with me" I say calmly.

She smiles then nods and groans slightly. When she looks at Joe, she's in shock. "Why are you here?" Then there's silence, "Wait I remember...thank you"

He smiles and walks up to her, hugging her. "I'm sorry I couldn't fight more"

She shakes her head, "You did your best, I appreciate it"

———

When we leave the hospital, Joe takes his car and says his goodbyes. The drive home is quiet, I can tell she's in her thoughts as she stares at the window. "Listen I'm stopping at my place to get a few things then I'll take you somewhere"

She hums in response, we get to my house and my parents immediately open the door washing her with concern and love. "Ohh Holly, come here" Mum hugs her but she winces, "Sorry sorry!"

"It's fine" She says lightly.

Dad looks at me and gestures for me to come with her. We walk to my room leaving mum and Holly downstairs. Dad walks to her room real quick then walks back with some keys. "You remember where it is right?"

I nod, "I'll head there straight away"

"I was hoping to give you those keys once you graduate but this is way more important. As soon as you get there, text me. I'll get some security for you"

"Thank you"

She smiles and hugs me. We pack some clothes for me then head downstairs. When we leave there's the same silence as she stares at the window. "Where are we going Willow? I'm really tired and just want to sleep"

"We will be there in a second" After another five minutes, I see the apartment building and drive into the parking lot. Once I'm parked, I grab my stuff with Holly following behind me. As we take the lift, we get to the top floor pretty fast. When we get out, I grab my keys and open the door. She looks amazed as she looking around the place.

She then looks at me when I close the door and turn the lights on, "Who place is this? Are you intruding?"

"It's my apartment. My parents got both Waylan and I one each as an graduation present. Dad gave me the keys now instead because of the recent events...listen take your shoes off and lay on the sofa! I'll put the heating on and make you some tea"

I'm surprised as I turn around and she grabs my face kissing me softly. Her lip has a scar and brow cut with a purple mark on her cheek but she still looks beautiful. She takes her coat off and sofa, when she lays down, I watch as she slowly yawns. Once I make the tea and pass it to her, she takes a few sips while watching a show on the TV and my fingers taking her hair. I look down and she's asleep. I give it a couple minutes then carry her to the bedroom wheee I lay her on the bed and place the blanket on her.