CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

*WARNING - PHYSICAL ABUSE/VIOLENCE*

Willows POV

It's crazy because even though she is my teacher, we actually haven't seen each other. Like in class there's the occasional looks but then the lesson finished and we all separate. It's been a week and I haven't gone to see her because either she's busy sorting out the assignments or I'm busy with school stuff. As time goes on, Mia and I get closer. She sits with me every English class and we talk throughout.

As I wake up, I hear a loud bang and then my dad runs into my room. "Fuck fuck fuck! I fucked up!" She starts pacing with a large smirk on her face. I'm so confused, it's too early for this shit.

"Care to explain?"

She looks at me and laughs then tries to tell me but keeps laughing in between. "HARLEY GREY! I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU!" Mum shouts and the whole house shivers. Dads eyes go wide and she runs into my bathroom. I hear footsteps then my mum comes in banging the door.

"Jesus, my poor door!"

She glares at me, "Where the hell is your father? The bitch has broken the TV! AND WHERES WAYLAN!"

I groan and put the blanket over my head, "Listen, it's too early for this. I haven't seen any of them now goodbye"

There's silence then she walks away, I hear a shuffle from underneath my bed and nearly scream until I see Waylan sliding out from under there. Dad walks back into my room with a hand on her chest. We all look at each other then the door opens again, Lily, my sister, walks in this time.

"Mums here" She says while amused.

Uh oh.

Whenever Lily's mum is here, it's my mum and hers become partners in crime. They love to work as a team to annoy us all and catch us out. Lily gets a way with it since she's the oldest and tends to be sneaky about it that they've never actually seen her do wrong. "MUM! MUMMY DI! THEY ARE UPSTAIRS IN WILLOWS ROOM!"

Waylan looks at dad and fake cries, dad copies and they go on their knees. Mum bursts in and they look at her with puppy dog eyes, still fake crying. "That won't work on me and you know that. Now Waylan get ready for school, Harley get ready for work and you'll both clean that shit up downstairs! AND PAY FOR A NEW TV!"

Dad looks at Waylan and whispers something but I can hear it clearly. "I can sort this out" She stands up and walks towards mum, wrapping her arms around her then whispering something in her ear. Mums face slowly calms down then she starts blushing. They walk out the room immediately. Alyssa, Lily's mum, is stood laughing and shaking her head.

"Your dad always finds a way. But I give you a couple seconds before your mum stands her ground again...three...two...one"

"GET THE HELL DOWNSTAIRS AND CLEAN IT UP NOW!"

Dad walks passed the room with a slouch and looks at us, "Didn't work" I burst out laughing followed by everyone else.

———

Once changed and ready to leave, the guys said they will meet me at the cafe. I recommended it to them and we've been going all week. Now it's Friday, it's just the old man in today. I like talking to him, he's actually a great listener and has great advice. I learnt that his name is Alan and a lot more to do with him and his late wife.

When I drive to the cafe, I park up and see the familiar cars. Recently the others have been recommending it to other school mates. I even reminded my mum about it and she was so happy to know it's still open. When I walk in, the place is lively with various students and friends sitting and having their breakfast. Some grab a coffee a leave as for some order food. When I look at the back, there's two people in the kitchen and the old man talking to Mia at the desk.