Chapter 21: Cold Encounters

-Realm Of Madness-

The cold air of the realm washed over the group as they tried to obtain some form of slumber. Had it been days? Weeks? No one knew. It's hard to keep track in such a realm. What they did know is that they had made little progress in finding Garmadon. Just extended amounts of time walking across baron, dark wastelands with the occasional monster to slay.

Master Wu would lead the group, feeling rather distend. There was something he was hiding from Lloyd and Harumi. Speaking of which the couple spent the journey happily in each others company as they joked and told stories. Lee liked to keep to himself. He would often let out a snarky or rude remark but besides that, he was not as irritating as they expected him to be.

One particular night they couldn't possibly make anymore progress. The wind was cold and the surroundings were almost pitch black. The Cold Night.

They set up camp in an old cave. Lloyd prayed that there weren't any insects in there. Wu started a camp fire whilst Lloyd and Harumi continued their conversation. Lee remained outside, surveying his surrounding with his hands in his pockets. His ruffled brown hair swaying slightly in the wind. The brown orbs that were his eyes drifted from one area of the realm to another. He remained calm. Quiet. Collected. Stuck in deep thought.

"Want some chips?" Lloyd's voice ripped him from his thoughts, though he didn't react

Lee turned his head slightly to the Ninja clad in green, holding a pack of Ninja-Chips. Lloyd's tone was unusually soft and not bitter or venomous. It confused the Dark Lord's son. Lee didn't speak, but nodded his head slightly. Lloyd threw the pack at him gently which he swiftly caught and carefully opened before plucking a chip from the packet and put it in his mouth. The only sound was his quiet munching and the howling wind in the sky.

In all honesty, Lee thought the chips were revolting. Lacking in flavour and taste. They weren't even crispy. However, he remained silent and ate the packet. He hadn't eat in two days after all.

Lee finished the packet and shoved the wrapper in his pocket. He didn't want to litter. He was a psychopath with boundaries.

"What's the game plan, Blondie? I mean, we have been wandering aimlessly for days now with nothing to show for it. It's not only boring but also tiresome...hearing you and that little princess babble and giggle all day" Lee suddenly spoke, growing agitated of the silence that filled the realm

"You didn't have to come" Lloyd snapped, glaring at his former brother "In fact everyone would have preferred you stayed in that cell of yours"

"I guess but between standing around in a massive snow globe or blackmailing you into going on a thrilling adventure, I think the latter is better" Lee shrugged

"Let me make one thing clear, brother. As soon as we get back to Ninjago, I will personally throw you back in that 'snow globe'. There is no chance you are walking away after this" Lloyd growled, taking a step closer to the cocky young boy in front of him

"Fate has a funny way of twisting things, Lloyd. Just take a look at your little girlfriend, she destroyed the city and got away with it scot free!" Lee laughed

"Harumi was hurting, misguided. She thought what she was doing was right! You know what you did was wrong. She cares for Ninjago whereas you only care to destroy it. That is the difference between you and her" Lloyd was getting increasingly agitated, which was exactly what Lee wanted. Lee even noticed the flicker of Lloyd's eyes again. From green to red to green again.

"Defend her all you want, it doesn't change the fact that she deserves to rot in a prison cell just as much as I do!" Lee was pushing it, he knew that. Lloyd knew that. The agitated Ninja could feel himself losing control, an unfamiliar rage dampening his mind.