💀"Phantom": Part 16💀

Start from the beginning

"Well, in simple words... 'STYX' is doing many things to keep the miracle power that's full of uncertainties, which is magic to be used in safety." Idia explained briefly. "About the blots, we have been studying it ever since humans were carving letters on clay tablets."

"For visitors who want to know more about 'STYX', we have a documentary video of about two and a half hours long." Ortho said cheerfully. "Should I play it?"

"Thank you, but that's enough." Jamil said to Ortho. "'STYX' has been studying Blots since ancient times. And we are the one who have experience Overblot..."

"If that's the case, I can probably guess what you guys are going to do." Leona muttered out. "Then? The Deputy Head of 'S.T.Y.X', what kind of horrifying experiment are you going to out us through?"

"Heehee, I'm glad you asked me. First... We will tie you to the chair, and use any possible way to examine every part of your body.... I'll take the data of your stress and Blot accumulation!" Idia explained with a terrifying grin and an eerily excited tone.

"Huh.....! Do you think you will get away by doing something unreasonable like that?" Riddle huffed out.

"Nah, it's obviously a joke. People who can't take a joke are so scary...." Idia muttered out. Riddle let's out an angry grunt, holding back his frustration towards Idia.

"Even if it's a joke, it's not funny at all." Azul mumbled out.

"Agree. Our clothes and Magic have been taken away, we are defenseless now." Vil glared at Idia, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Jeez, brother! They are feeling uneasy because they are being brought here unexpectedly, you can't scare them like that." Ortho huffed out, glaring at Idia.

"Ara.... It seems like the younger brother has a more human heart." Vil muttered out with a smirk.

"Also, if the subject is overstressed, we can't obtain accurate data." Ortho added, shaking his head lightly with a sigh.

".... I take it back. He is completely the same as his brother." Vil sighed out.

"Uhm, we bright you here because we wanted you guys to help us in collecting data." Ortho turned to the students of Night Raven Collage. "You guys Overblotted, but you are an important sample that 'returned' without being swallow by the Phantom."

"Phantom?" Vil muttered out nervously.

".... When you Overblot, the overflowing blot that couldn't be kept inside the body will form a huge embodiment. You have seen it too, right? The 'Facelesss Monster' that appears behind you." Idia explained to them briefly.

"....." The guys winced a bit by the painful recollection of the day they Overblotted.

"I remembered Y/n refered to them as 'Overblot Monsters'." Jamil mumbled out.

"We refer to it as 'Phantom'." Idia mumbled out. "Well, you guys must have lost control, I don't know if you were aware of it or not... When you Overblot, you could use more Magic that surpasses your limit. Do you know why? The embodiment.... The Phantom turns the Blot that is full with the Wizard's Negative Emotions into a source of energy." The guys went wide eyed by the new information. "Blot is a toxic substance that appears when we use Magic. Normally, it only gives the wizards a debuff effect. But in the state of Overblot, the debuff effect of the Blot will turn to a buff effect! Therefore, the Overblot wizards will keep consuming Magic Power by instinct and continue to refine the Blot. By absorbing that, the ATK of Phantom will gradually increase..... And when the Magic Power of Wizards runs out in the end.... Your role as a seedbed is over."

"S-Seedbed....?" Riddle stuttered out.

"Exactly as it means. Throwing an empty bottle of juice in the trash can." Idia chuckled out. "The Wizard's body disappeared, leaving a Monster trapped in desire and negative emotions. A cured, regretful monster that wanders in this world.... That's why we called it 'Phantom'. If that happens, they will be suppressed by the Magical Force, or.... They will be captured and kept in 'S.T.Y.X' as a sample. In rare cases, there were some that hid in crowds of Magical Beasts and wild animals in the mountains."

"I know that if you release all your Magic Power after Overblot, you will lose your life...." Jamil mumbled out.

"But leaving only the Monster in this world?..... I didn't want to believe that....." Azul muttered.

"Well.... There aren't many cases of Wizards becoming a 'Phantom'." Idia said. "To begin with, Overblot was originally a phenomenon that won't happen unless you're a Powerful Wizard that has a lot of Magic Power. It's rare as getting 4 SSR at the same time in 10 rolls of Gacha that has a stingy Gacha Rate. I mean, most of the talented Wizards are wise enough to control themselves, aren't they? And yet, we have quite a number of people Overblot in the same school.... Even back then 37 years, there was once an Overblot that happened but was neutralize right after. You may know them as F/n Wonderlin, the person who Overblotted and the one who neutralized it was M/n Weasley."

"You mean.... Y/n's Birth Parents...?" Riddle mumbled out as the others went stiff.

"LoL, I just think our Campus includes too many SSR cards of 'Unprecedented Problematic Kids' in a row, heeheehee." Idia chuckled out.

To Be Continued~

A/n
Also, slight Chapter 6 New Update Spoilers

Me, Finding Out That Rook Used To Be In Savanaclaw: *Heavy Breathing Intensifies*