the truth {46}

~

You bring your hand up to Jotaros cheek, softly pulling him in more as he kisses you. It felt heavenly. It felt right. Your heart flutters as his lips begin to work against yours. The sound surrounding you begins to filter out into a numbness.

It's quiet.

It's peaceful.

The feeling of his touch, his warmth, his energy. You felt safe with him near. You felt calm.

"Hello??" You hear her high pitched squeal begin to fade back into reality.

"Excuse me?! Jotaro!" She yells. You hum softly when you feel his lips slowly pull away from yours. You open your eyes and look up at him as he stands up straight, looking over towards Elena.

"What the fuck is going on?!" She yells and slightly laughs out of disbelief. You gulp and look back at her, realizing this situation may be a bit awkward for you all.

Jotaro stands silently, keeping his eyes on Elena. He is probably trying to think of what to say. You feel bad. You feel bad for not saying anything earlier. If only you said something earlier, Jotaro wouldn't have asked Elena to the prom and this situation would not be happening right now.

"Look, I'm really sorry for this Elena... But I don't like you the way you think I do." Jotaro begins to speak, deeply. He, for once, seems quite sincere. She gulps and begins to turn red, not entirely from anger, but from embarrassment.

"Have you two been... Canoodling this entire time?" She asks in a questionable tone, her eyebrows furrowing. You press your lips together at her word choice.

"No... We... Well..." Jotaro gulps and looks down at you, probably for backup. You gulp and glance at him before looking back at Elena.

"I thought you were my friend, Y/N... You knew I liked him..." She says softly, her eyebrows sinking. You are left with a sudden feeling of guilt.

"Elena, I didn't want it to end up like this... And I'm sorry but... I've liked Jotaro since before you came to our school. I just never had the courage to tell you... Or anyone." You turn a bit red, holding your hands together and playing with the rings on your fingers. Jotaro looks down at you. Elena huffs a little.

"I figured you two had a weird friendship... I just thought you were okay with me liking him since, when we first met, you said Jotaro was mean." She crosses her arms. You gulp a little.

"I only said that to hide the fact that I liked him." You speak softly. She looks at you and raises a brow.

"Well you said he was mean and that gave me the impression you did not like him and then a week later you suddenly are friends with him." She speaks with a slight attitude. You furrow your eyebrows a little.

"Why do you remember every single detail?" You place a hand on your hip. She sighs.

"Because I like Jotaro. I knew something was up, you could've just told me." She gulps and rubs her arm. You look down a little and can't think of what to say. Jotaro looks down at you and exhales through his nose.

"We're sorry Elena." He lifts his head and looks at her.

"Why did you ask me out all those times if you didn't even like me? Why ask me to prom?" She talks to him, her tone sounding hurt.

"I didn't mean for it to come off as if I was playing you... I was a little confused. I wasn't sure what I wanted." Jotaros voice remains calm and deep. Elena exhales in defeat and looks down.

"I can sympathize with trying to figure yourselves out... but please... don't get others mixed in the middle of it." She lifts her head and looks at the both of you.