{40.} Endings >>

The van parked outside the house and I got out first

The van parked outside the house and I got out first. Everyone followed and Logan opened the door, everyone stepped into the room and my aunt came into view.

She covered her mouth and stared at me. She stepped forward and hugged me.

"Tía estoy en casa." I spoke.

"Finalmente mi bebé." She held my face and stared at me. When we pulled apart I stood next to Aaron.

"Grace this is Pike, and my Fiancé Aaron." I said chewing on my lip. She's always been protective and now I'm just hoping she likes Aaron.

"Mmm." She hummed. "No time for introductions I'll get to know you over dinner. Now we have work." She got behind us and pushed us through the house and down into the basement.

"Your father has been busy." She sighed.

"More your brother than my father." I murmured.

"Ay dios mio." Grace murmured.

{•(•)•}

"So basically he's planning on killing everyone who gets in his path on the road to becoming the leader of the American mafia and it's entirety?" I asked.

"Yes." Grace nodded. "And now that everyone aside from the people in this room think your dead. We can use this-" She gestured to me. "To our advantage."

"Actually- someone else knows I'm alive." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Who." Grace said plainly.

"I- Emery." I murmured.

"You've been in contact with your sister?!" Grace yelled.

"I had to!" I exclaimed. "We don't have enough people to take him down her 'squad' was the only other option!" I stepped forward.

"You promised you wouldn't talk to her! She's bad news. That woman is an awful person Remira you know that better than anyone!" She screamed.

"Grace! I didn't even know if she was alive! Believe me I know she's a bad person but she's my only shot at keeping my family safe!" I shot back.

Pike, and Logan sat back looking uncomfortable. Aaron just looked mad. Fuck.

"Remira. Do not talk to me like that I understand where you are coming from but why would you consult with someone who left you to fend for yourself in the sex trade!" She hissed.

I took a step back and shook my head.

"You don't get to say that. You don't know what it's like. She left because she found a way out. A way that almost got her killed I'm not defending her for leaving me but in that life when you find a way out you take it! I would have done the exact same thing." I erupted.