{19.} Pizza >>

"Psst!" I opened my eyes and turned to look at Aaron who was putting on sweatpants and a hoodie

"What?" I narrowed my eyes rubbing my face.

"Get up, we're going on a secret mission!" He put his finger over his lips.

I sat up and got out of bed instantly falling on the floor with a high pitched Yelp. Aaron laughed and walked over helping me off the floor. I glared at him and reached down grabbing my pants.

I hopped into them almost falling over again. My legs feel like jello. I put my belt on and Aaron wrapped his arms around my waist walking behind me. I grabbed my phone from my room and we walked outside the house. Aaron clutched my hand and pulled me into a car.

He put his hand down on my thigh and made a grabbing gesture. I put my hand in his and he started the car driving down the street.

"Where are we going?" I yawned.

"Somewhere I've only ever taken my daughter." Aaron murmured. I looked out the window and stared at the street lamps not completely processing his words.

I felt a deep pang in my chest but it wasn't painful, it was fulfilling. I finally knew what it was, I guess they are right when they say you just know.

I squeezed Aaron's hand three times like my sister used to do to me when she would day those three words that almost always made me feel okay or normal. For some reason I didn't even think about doing what I just did. It didn't even slip into my mind once.

Aaron didn't have a reaction, figures that gesture is as old as time and he clearly doesn't understand it.

The car parked and Aaron got out of the car, I went to reach for my door handle but my door was slammed shut in response. Aaron opened it and bowed then held out his hand. I took it and curtsied.

I looked around and saw that we were in a little open area, there was a pizza and ice cream shop next to each other and the pizza place was open.

"Did you pull me out of bed for pizza?" I scoffed.

"Mhm." Aaron hummed pulling us into the shop.

He talked to the catchier in French and I didn't catch a word they spoke to one another. I stood there playing with Aaron's fingers and we eventually got our pizza.

It was two slices and we both walked outside. We are our pizza and I held onto one of Aaron's arms.

"I want to know you better." Aaron blurted.

"Fire away, I'm an open book." I took a bite.

"Favorite color?"

"Grey."

"Favorite food?"

"Empanadas."

"Childhood nickname."

"There's multiple; half of them aren't really child appropriate but the sweet ones were, Ojos de ángel, that in English translates to Angel eyes. And another one was darling." I explained.

"Hm." He sighed. "Can I get a cool nickname in spanish?"

"Only if I get one in French." I smiled.

"You already have one I call you déesse all the time." He shrugged.

"And it means?" I urged him to tell me.

"It means you're a loser." Aaron nodded.

"Okay, since I'm such a loser I guess I'll call you... mi vida." I grinned.

"What does that mean?" He sniffed.

"It means you suck!" I grinned. He laughed and leaned down pecking me on the lips.
"Niño bonitoz." I whispered.

"Okay now what's that one?" He tilted his head.

"I called you, pretty boy." I kissed his cheek.

Aaron smiled softly and I smiled back. He picked me up by the waist and lifted me onto his shoulders.

"Oh, I hate this." I wrapped my arms around his neck leaning forward trying not to fall backwards and crack my head open.

"Really? Gia loves it." He shrugged and I yelped feeling myself move under his shoulders. He laughed and let me slid down his back onto my feet.

"We're never doing that again." I breathed grabbing his hand.

We walked down the empty street and Aaron stopped in front of a house. It was a very pretty Victorian home that was still being built.

"Isn't it gorgeous?" Aaron asked staring up at the house.

"It's wonderful." I placed my head on his shoulder.

"It's my house." He said. "I've been building it since Gia showed up on my doorstep. I want her to grow up here, I want her to have her first memories here." He clarified.

"But lately it's been feeling a little distant in the dreams department because she only speaks English but that was my fault." He face palmed.

"So move to the states. Sell this house when it's done." I shrugged. "Find a house that will make you feel at home with your daughter. Who gives a shit what anyone else thinks, you're one amazing father and that's what matters. Nothing more. Nothing less." I sighed.

"You are an amazing person, Remira." Aaron smiled down at me. I moved and wrapped my arms around his torso hugging him tightly.

He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

I really really like him. Is this what love feels like? Fluttery but also... pain?

I faced up resting my chin on his chest.

"I don't think I know much about you either. Spill it. All." I smiled.

"Yes, ma'am." Aaron nodded firmly.

On our way back to the car he talked to me about his childhood and his mother. He told me how much he loves her and how much he cared for Azalea. He told me stories of when they were kids and I laughed with him.

In the car he told me how great his mum is around Gia but that his mother hasn't been around very often due to her own issues. Aaron told me that his step dad has been an asshole to her and him since they got married.

He also told me how much he hated his father. So we both had daddy issues, that's something we have in common.

Among other things of course.