{34.} Temporary >>

I woke up to an empty bed and felt empty for a second

I woke up to an empty bed and felt empty for a second. Then Gia huffed and crawled into bed beside me.

"Daddy, told me to come lay with you because you have night dreams." She yawned.

"Has daddy left yet?" I asked brushing hair out of her face.

"No, mamma he's in the kitchen." She murmured.

"I'll be right back honey," I kissed her forehead and ran downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and sure enough Aaron was leaning against the counter on FaceTime with Pike.

"I don't want to leave them. These past few months have been so nice, Pike." Aaron sighed.

"Darling." I murmured yawning.

Aaron turned his head and waved me over. I walked up and put my head on his shoulder.

"Hey, gorgeous." Pike grinned.

"Hello, Pikey." I replied.

"I'm going to go, bye pike." Aaron hung up and tucked his phone into his pocket.

He spun me around and placed his lips on mine. I smiled and pulled away hugged him tightly, placing my head on his chest.

"Remind me why I can't come?" I sighed.

"Precious cargo." He commented and I snorted. "And who would watch over our daughter?" He asked.

Our.

I think that's the first time he's referred to Gianna as our daughter and not his daughter.

"Doesn't your mum live only an hour from here?" I asked.

"Yeah, but she teaches Gia how to swear and gives her to much candy." He grunted.

"Aaron, that's what grandmothers are supposed to do. Not much of the swearing but the candy yeah." I nodded.

"You aren't coming. As I've said, he wants you and he'll do anything to get to you." Aaron kissed my forehead.

"Fine. But the second something goes south I'm on the next flight over." I looked at him with a stern face.

"Okay." He caved knowing he can't stop me. "Of this goes correctly I'll be gone for a few weeks. Maybe months. I'm sorry." He grabbed the side of my face.