{1.} Prolouge >>

"Où est-il

"Où est-il." I asked crouching down in front of the man staring at my knife.

"Je ne sais pas patron." His voice quivered as I traced the knife along his neck.

"I think you're lying to me." I chuckled. "I think you know exactly where he is, you just won't tell me." I made a cut down his cheek and he shook uncontrollably.

"I don't know where he is!" He cried.

"Looks like your daughter will have to grow up without a father. And what to tell your wife, how do I tell her that her beloved husband was a god damn weasel." I gritted out.

"He's dead! I killed him!" He finally stated.

"Ahh, you killed one of your own? How cold blooded." I stood behind him and pulled his head back by his hair bringing my knife to his neck. "I'll tell your wife goodbye for you." He began to scream uncontrollably.

I slit his throat and watched as he choked on his own screams with his own blood. It really sucks to, he was a good man. To bad he was a mole.

I wiped the blood off my knife when the door flew open. William stood with a tablet, I turned my head and continued to clean my tools. I love killing people by slitting their throats, it's a painful and quick way to die. You choke over your own blood. Quite wonderful to watch.

But so messy.

"Sir, we found her." William spoke up clearing his throat. "The woman you asked about for the Ditch mission uh- Remira De Luca." He clarified reading her name off the tablet.

"Where is she." I wiped my hands throwing the rag on the table.

"A maximum security prison in Puerto Rico." He sighed. That peaked my interest. What is a 5'3, twenty-four-year-old woman doing in a maximum security prison?

"Why is she in prison?" I asked. William stepped forward and handed me the tablet. I scanned through her file and landed on an article linked to her file.

The headline was the most shocking. When I was given a tip about her I was only told she could fight and was damn good at it, she also has the IQ of a fucking god.

Not that she murdered twelve people with her bare hands.

She was convicted on twelve counts of first degree murder and manslaughter. She got life in prison but from this it looks like there are so many missing gaps in the story. With no solid evidence I don't actually have to break into the prison and get her out, I can do it legally.

There is a photo attached, she did this nine years ago. She was charged as an adult at fifteen and placed in a maximum security hell hole. Now I know how she can fight so well.

"Call, Jeremy. Ask him if he has any connections to the prison. Open the case back up and let her off without probation. Let me know when it's done." I handed him the small device back. "Oh, and tell someone to clean this up." I stepped around the body and walked past him down the hallway.

I stepped into my office and sat at my desk running my hands down my face.

"Daddy?" I pulled my hands away from my face and looked at the door, my daughter was standing there with tears in her bright blue eyes.

"What's wrong, honey?" I asked.

"I had bad dream, Dada. I can't sleep." Gia muttered.

"Come here," I waved her over. She walked over and held up her arms making grabby hands.

I leaned down and lifted her up onto my lap.

"What was your dream about, sweetheart." I sighed.

"Zombie, ate uni." She sniffled. Uni is her stuffed dinosaur.

"I'm so sorry, bug." I pouted at her. More like for her.

"Dada, when are you leaving again?" She asked plopping down on my lap and resting her small head on my chest.

"Well, princess. I believe if what I'm working on goes as planned, soon. But it won't be for long, my love." I kissed the top of her head.

"Okay." She yawned. "Can I sleep here? Please." Gia whispered. When she said please it sounds more like 'peas'.

"Of course, princess." I scooted to my desk and let Gia fall asleep on my lap.

{•(•)•}

I woke up to a knock on my office door. Gia was still sound asleep. I told whoever it was to come in and I stared down at some papers on my desk. I grabbed a pen and signed one of them off. William walked in and handed me some papers.

"She's been let off without probation. You need to go to Puerto Rico to retrieve her. It should take a few days." William explained.

"Tell Pike he's coming with me. And he needs to pack his shi- stuff." I glanced down and saw Gia was still sleeping peacefully.

"I will do that sir." William nodded. I handed him back the tablet and he left the room. I wonder what my Gia will be like when she is older.

I stared down at my daughter as she slept and I can't help but admire her features. This little girl is my soul. Watching her grow up has been the best honor of my existence.

And the fact that we grew up and learned together makes it even better.