28. I Dream While Looking At You

It was a few hours after the battle had ceased, and the valley was now filled with close to a hundred Divergents talking with each other

It was a few hours after the battle had ceased, and the valley was now filled with close to a hundred Divergents talking with each other. None of them had ever experienced anything like it before, and it was incredible to meet so many other people who had been through the same things as them.

After a while, Namjoon and Aeri went over to join Yoongi, Jimin and Tayeon, who were having a discussion with a group from Amity - a couple of enhancers, and an empath. Yoongi had never met another Empath before, and they were comparing their experiences.

"Guys," said Namjoon. "We should really think about where we go from here. It seems like we can camp out here for a few days, but we need a plan to start building our own compound."

"Tayeon was telling us you have a design for the new compound already," said one of the guys from Amity.

"We do," said Namjoon, reaching for his back pocket.

"He carries that thing everywhere," Aeri smirked at him, and Namjoon rolled his eyes at her playfully, as he opened up the map to show the others.

"We tried to incorporate elements from all the factions as best as we could, so any Divergent would feel comfortable here," said Yoongi. "But obviously we need input from everyone else as we're all from Dauntless and we're biased in that way."

"This is amazing," said the taller Amity-born of the group, glancing up to look at them. "Who drew this?"

Tayeon and Yoongi glanced at each other, the blonde sucking in her breath sharply.

"One of our friends," Yoongi stated quietly. "His name was Daehyun, he was unfortunately killed during the first attack when we were trying to escape Dauntless."

"He was one of my best friends," added Tayeon. "He and Iseul spent their whole lives together, and they died side by side."

"Oh," the Amity-born replied, a look of sadness entering into his eyes. "That's terrible Tayeon, I know how you feel. My best friend was killed yesterday in a similar manner."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Namjoon sighed. "I'm sure he didn't deserve it any more than Daehyun and Iseul did."

"We need to honour their memories now," said the shorter Amity born. "I'd love to give you some input for the new compound but I think everyone needs the chance to have a say."

"You're right," nodded Yoongi. "Maybe we can call everyone together to talk about it?"

"This faction needs a leader as well," said Aeri. "That needs to be decided."

"Hey, guys," said Ae-cha, joining the group, a look of worry on her face. "Apparently the leaders of the other factions are on the way. They want to talk civilly, or so we've been told."

"We need to sort this out quickly then," said Yoongi. "Namjoon, Ae-cha, lets try and get some sort of order happening here, so we can at least decide on a few representatives to speak to the other leaders."