27. Louder Than Bombs

It was easier going on the ground than it had been up on the ridge

It was easier going on the ground than it had been up on the ridge. The enemy telekinetic continued to launch his projectiles, but they all went flying overhead, and the bullets fired from close range by the soldiers they encountered were easily blocked by Tayeon's shield, and removed from the land of the living by Jimin. 

"I'm actually happy that telekinetic is still chucking stuff at them," said Namjoon. "Makes it easier for us to tell where he is."

"True," nodded Yoongi.

"It's exhausting blocking the boulders with a shield though," said Tayeon. "Every time one hits it makes you dizzy for a second or two."

Yoongi and Jimin both glanced at her worriedly, but she waved their concern away.

"I'm okay, I'm okay, I'll tell you if I'm struggling."

Jimin slipped his hand into hers and squeezed it tightly.

"Let's get there and stop the telekinetic as quickly as we can then," said Namjoon, just as another group of soldiers leapt out in front of them.

Tayeon dealt with four of them at once, picking them up with her telekinesis and flinging them as far as she could, whilst Namjoon and Yoongi removed the remaining soldiers, Yoongi rooting them to the spot with fear, and Namjoon using his enhanced strength and speed to his advantage.

"Huh, we make a great team," commented Namjoon.

"Who would have thought?" Taehyung rolled his eyes at them in vague amusement. "You two should have tried trusting each other years ago."

"Ha. Not funny, Taehyung-ah," Yoongi retorted, as the two girls and Jimin glanced at one another in amusement.

They continued on through the forest for what felt like an age, but in reality was only about twenty minutes, until Namjoon halted them all suddenly, holding up his hand, and laying a finger to his lips. Jimin frowned, concentrating, but then his eyes widened, and he nodded to Namjoon.

"I can hear voices," he mouthed to them silently.

They waited, as Namjoon and Jimin continued to listen in on whatever was going on up ahead with their enhanced hearing. After a minute or two, they withdrew a few paces so they could whisper without risking detection.

"There's a clearing up ahead," Namjoon explained. "They've got a few trucks in there - I can't tell how many, but it seems as though they've set them up like some kind of defensive wall, and the leaders are all inside of it."

"It's incredible to me that you can sense that much with your hearing," said Tayeon, in wonder.

"Which leaders are there?" Wondered Aeri. "All of them?"

"Quite a few of them at least," Namjoon nodded. "Dae-Seong and Seul-Ki from Dauntless, and the Erudite leader is there as well, and I'm pretty sure Abnegation. No Candor or Amity, though. At least, from what I could tell."