8. Til Your Body Burns Up

If someone had told Tayeon, less than a week ago, that she'd be spending every afternoon in Yoongi's apartment learning how to control her telekinesis, she simply wouldn't have believed them

If someone had told Tayeon, less than a week ago, that she'd be spending every afternoon in Yoongi's apartment learning how to control her telekinesis, she simply wouldn't have believed them. She told herself that she still wanted to keep her distance from both Yoongi and Jimin, mainly because there was so much going on in her life that she didn't have the first clue of how to handle. But she couldn't get the two of them out of her head, and now that she was no longer afraid of Yoongi, she was afraid of what that meant. She could not force any distance between them, and despite her attempts to hold them at arms length, all it did was make the two of them even more determined to be there for her when she needed someone.

However, her practice was definitely paying off.

"You're getting so much better at that," said Yoongi one day, about a week later.

Tayeon was perched beside Jimin on the edge of Yoongi's dining room table, where it was easy for her to concentrate, and they'd just watched her pick up six individual cups, stack them up, then open the cupboard, and place them on the top shelf. All with her mind, and almost without a sound.

"It feels a lot smoother as well," said Tayeon, focussing on a plate that had been left on the drying rack in the kitchen. Yoongi almost never ate in his apartment, preferring to join the rest of the faction in the dining hall, but lately he'd been spending more time there to keep Tayeon company. And every so often, Jimin joined them.

"How's the control going?" The latter asked her. "I haven't noticed you exploding anything, so..."

"I've never exploded anything, as you put it," she stated haughtily, watching as the plate hovered in the air, whilst she hunted through the cupboards for a tea towel. "But yeah, it has been better. I've been letting it out of my skin a lot more, if that makes any sense at all. Instead of bottling it all up inside me I let it just sit in the air, and that seems to give me more room to express my emotions without anything bad happening. I swear it's got a mind of its own sometimes, though, so I can't do that so much when there's a lot of random objects close by."

"I've noticed that," Yoongi nodded. He'd been able to sense that her aura was there during training, which was new. He still couldn't read it, but it was definitely there now. "What are you looking for, by the way?"

"A tea towel," said Tayeon, frowning in concentration. "Do you not keep them in your kitchen?"

"You gonna do my dishes for me?" He chuckled, watching in amusement as his kitchen cupboards randomly opened and shut.

"I just figured I'd see if I could effectively use the tea towel or not," the blonde retorted, trying to hold back her smile.

"Cupboard on the far left should have one hanging inside the door," said Yoongi.

It turned out that Tayeon was more than capable of using a tea towel, but after Yoongi's earlier comment, she couldn't resist turning on the tap and dipping the dish back under the water, before stacking it neatly back on the drying rack. Jimin dissolved into giggles, and Yoongi rolled his eyes.