20. A Day May Come When We Lose

Jungkook, Jimin, and the cow made it back to the new base covered in mud and pine needles, but otherwise safe and sound

"Looks like you had fun?" Taehyung grinned at them, as they entered the newly erected structure the rest of the group had been working on.

"More fun than us, by the looks of it," said Yoongi, entering behind them. "Although I'm not sure... which one's the cow?"

"Shut up," one of the mud covered apparitions grumbled.

"This one's human," said Taehyung, poking Jimin in the arm, causing him to squirm away in protest.

"Well once you've worked out which one's the cow, would you mind working out how to turn it into steak?" Said Hoseok, entering their new barn like structure, and glancing around at its occupants. "Thanks you two, by the way. Jokes aside, we all appreciate you for going all that way in the dark."

"Welcome," Jungkook smiled at him. He was sitting on the ground now, looking a little sleepy. "I think I've earned the right to sleep for a bit, wake me up when we've got food."

"You don't want to jump in the lake beforehand?" Wondered Ae-cha. "I know you're Jungkook because of your voice, but that's about where the similarities end, and if you give me twenty minutes I've almost made everyone a comfortable place to sleep."

"Yeah, come on Kookie, let's clean up a bit," said Jimin, taking his friend's hand, and hauling him up from the ground. "We can sleep afterwards."

The two disappeared outside again, leaving the rest of them to it. Their building project was going well so far. They'd had Tayeon hold her shield out from the inside, whilst Taehyung and Jin had used their telekinesis to haul several large boulders down from the mountains to form a base for their wall, with Tayeon assisting where she could without disturbing her shield. Then they'd used tree trunks from the skinny pines surrounding them to form a wall, which interconnected with more trunks at the roof. The whole thing was resting on the mountain behind, which had been shaved away by the three telekinetics to make it more flat. When Tayeon released her shield and stepped away, some of the trunks collapsed in, but for the most part they held firm. Ae-cha jumped up on top of their structure, trying to balance carefully on the trunks that were sturdy, and helped to fix the fallen logs in place so that they would not fall again.

Meanwhile, Yoongi and Hoseok had taken time to explore their miniature island in the middle of the lake. Hoseok was keen to use it for a lookout post, as it was a great vantage point, with views of the only entrance into the valley. It would require some work before it turned out how Hoseok was envisioning it, but he was so excited as he discussed it with Yoongi that Yoongi felt he could see it there already.

"How about starting a fire?" Suggested Yoongi, after he and Hoseok returned to the mainland to see how the others were getting on. "We could put one in here to keep ourselves warm."