5. Only Strong Ones Can Mess With Me

Tayeon, Taehyung and Jimin were walking through the pit together later in the evening, when it happened

They'd been window shopping. Really, none of them had felt like buying anything in particular, but getting to spend time together outside the training hall was nice, and the twinkling lights of the pit in the evening had a certain unique beauty about them. They cast a glow over everything beneath them, and Tayeon loved the atmosphere it created. It spoke volumes to the energy beneath her skin, and she could feel it fizzing in excitement, almost as if it had a mind of its own. Jimin and Taehyung looked almost ethereal under the glow - Taehyung looked like a model at the best of times, but Jimin looked inhumanly beautiful. Tayeon would have been unable to take her eyes off him, had she not been distracted by how beautiful the pit looked at night.

"I've never seen anything like this before," she said, gazing up at the strips of fluros intertwined with fairy lights that criss crossed their way down the hallway. Shop doorways opened up more lights of all colours, and Jimin smiled in agreement, his eyes twinkling like the tiny globes above their heads.

"Candor is not really like this, right?" He asked, and Tayeon shook her head.

"It's beautiful there in it's own way, don't get me wrong. But this is just... something else."

"I believe every faction has its own beauty," said Taehyung. "It's not about one of them being better than the others, it's about picking your favourite, the one where you fit, and where you can add to the light."

"You definitely add to the light here, Tayeon, I'm just saying," said Jimin, smiling at their companion.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The blonde chuckled.

"You're not just stunning, you're talented as well," was Jimin's response, and Tayeon rolled her eyes at him playfully.

"Talented? Not really."

"Come on, you killed it today in training, literally! Junghyun didn't know what hit him in your one on one."

"Aw, I only just beat him, to be fair. I'm just proud of Daehyun, he's always been fast and agile, but he's so strong now as well. He destroyed Minseok today! I wouldn't want to cross him!"

"All I'm saying is I'm not looking forward to my next fight," Jimin shook his head. "Hey, any theories as to why Hoseok was there?"

"I wonder if he's an assessor," Tayeon frowned. "He's close to Yoongi, you could see that. And Yoongi trusts him, which he doesn't do with Namjoon."

"Maybe he just wanted the opinion of someone he trusts about the initiation," said Taehyung. "That comment about authority... damn. I get chills thinking about it."

"It was weird," Tayeon agreed. "There's something about him... I don't know. I'm not sure wether to trust him or not. But you guys know him, right?"

"Well, if you're gonna follow his advice, you definitely shouldn't trust him," Taehyung joked, and Tayeon laughed, not noticing he had sidestepped her question.