24. Look Yourself Right In The Eyes

It was the third time in as many mornings that Tayeon awoke with a jump, startled awake by the nightmares that seemed to constantly plague her

It was the third time in as many mornings that Tayeon awoke with a jump, startled awake by the nightmares that seemed to constantly plague her. This time, the sound of her terrified scream awoke everyone else in the base, and Ae-cha, who'd been on lookout duty, hurried back inside to see what was happening, alarm written over her sun tanned features.

"Tayeon! Are you okay?" She asked quickly, watching as Yoongi and Jimin pulled her into their embrace, trying to calm her down.

"I'm okay," she mumbled, after a second or two. "I keep having nightmares. Sorry I woke you guys."

"Don't worry about it," Taehyung told her, blinking at his blonde friend sleepily. "You lowkey saved me from my own, so..."

"Aw, Taehyung," Tayeon sighed, turning to look at him.

"You have nightmares too?" Jimin asked his soulmate, looking at him with sad eyes.

"Not always," he said. "Just... whenever I do, it's the same one. I don't really wanna talk about it."

"It's okay, you don't have to," said Jimin, smiling at him softly.

"Let's talk about something happy then," said Hobi, sitting up. He moved to cross his legs, accidentally pulling holes in the mat he was lying on.

"Hyung! we spent ages on those!" Jimin scolded him. "It's your fault if you have to sleep on the dirt again."

"Sorry," Hobi grinned at him sheepishly.

"Okay, lets all say one fact about ourselves that nobody else knows," suggested Ae-cha, suddenly looking interested. She picked up her mat, and her jacket she'd been using as a blanket, and moved it to where she could still keep an eye on the valley out the door.

"Really?" Jin groaned. "It's too early for games that require a functioning brain."

"Feel free to go back to sleep," Taehyung told him, and Jin rolled his eyes.

"As if I'm missing this."

"You go first then Ae-cha," said Tayeon. "One fact."

"Oh! okay..." Ae-cha looked surprised, but she nodded nonetheless, and paused to think for a moment. "I think I've got something. This is kinda weird, but anyway..."

"Go on," Jimin nodded, encouraging her to continue.

"So I guess... I didn't really know which faction I belonged in," she said. "I'm now aware that I'm a cross of three factions, but at the time, the lady doing my aptitude test just entered it automatically as Amity, and I had no idea why I got that result."

"I got given Amity too!" Said Tayeon. "And I'm not even part Amity."

"Yeah," Ae-cha hummed, "Well Namjoon thinks there's people in the faction aptitude testing teams who are Divergents and they're sending Divergents who go through their sims to Amity since that's where they'll be safest. But anyway, that's unrelated."