7. Gotta Go Insane To Stay Sane

Jimin's fight with Haneul went for just as long, if not longer than Tayeon and Yejun's had

Jimin's fight with Haneul went for just as long, if not longer than Tayeon and Yejun's had. The young blonde had come a long way in the past week or so, not only putting on a little extra muscle, but learning technique that gave him an edge to his fighting. Tayeon suspected Yoongi had something to do with it - she'd arrived in training one morning, and been surprised to see the two of them working away together. However it had happened, Jimin was even stronger than he'd been when he'd defeated Taehyung. The problem was, Haneul had also improved.

Haneul had fought Iseul in his first fight, and although he had lost, he'd gone down swinging, and now he was back with a vengeance. Jimin was giving it his all, but as Tayeon watched, his punches grew weaker, and Haneul was showing no signs of slowing. Tayeon had thought that the worst of her control issues were past her, but as the fight continued, and developed into Haneul simply beating up Jimin, she felt it flaring up again. She glanced anxiously at Yoongi, hoping he would stop the fight soon, but, for reasons best known to himself, he allowed it to continue. Tayeon felt herself growing angry at him, the longer it went on, despite the fact that she knew this wasn't good. She couldn't put a lid on it any longer, and after Haneul gave a well aimed kick to Jimin's stomach as the boy lay on the floor, the floodgates opened, and all her anger shot towards Haneul, just as Jimin put up his hand to block another blow. Haneul flew backwards, collapsing on the mat in a heap. It was an awkward angle he'd landed at, and the pained cry that flew from his lips, added to the fact that he did not try to get up again, pretty much settled it. The fight was over, and somehow, Jimin had won.

Tayeon was breathing heavily, and when Yoongi turned his startled gaze on her, he was met with such an angry glare that he felt genuinely worried. Then the blonde was up, and running out of the training hall. Namjoon glanced her way in surprise, and Yoongi was thankful that he apparently hadn't realised that Tayeon was anything to do with what had just happened. It had looked like Jimin had managed to catch Haneul's foot at just the right angle to throw him off his balance. Unless you knew what you were looking for, it would have seemed like a sudden surge of strength from a desperate fighter who'd been backed up against a wall.

"Jimin is her close friend," Yoongi muttered to Namjoon, in explanation. "It must've been too much for her. I'll go see if she's okay."

"No, I'll go, you check on Jimin," said Hoseok, surprising Yoongi. He turned to look at his best friend, and the expression on his face, added to the knowingness his emotional aura was giving off, caused him to relent. "Come find us later," Hoseok conceded. Then he left the room without waiting for an answer, in pursuit of the blonde, and Yoongi turned back to deal with the situation immediately before him.

Tayeon hadn't gone far. She was, in fact, just outside the training hall, and when Hoseok found her, she had her head in her hands, and was crying. She looked up when she saw him, and Hoseok sighed, giving her a sympathetic smile. He pulled the younger girl into his embrace, and held her whilst she cried. Tayeon allowed him to comfort her, as she tried to get her emotions in check.