22. I Want You To Be Your Light, Baby

Start from the beginning

The sunlight was dancing between the trees, having risen just high enough to reach the edge of the water, although the shadow of the mountains still loomed overhead. The song of the birds could be heard all around the valley, and the faint splash of the stream leading away from the lake added to the dawn chorus.

"I've been thinking," said Tayeon, after a while. "About my own fear landscape. Don't you think it's really similar to this pine forest? The first one, I mean. With the beetles."

Yoongi glanced at her, his brow furrowed.

"Huh. You're right," he nodded. "It is very similar. Have you been out to this area before?"

"Not that I can remember," she replied, with a shrug. "But it's weird, right? There's even a stream, like there was in the sim."

"Good to know we've got somewhere to go if the beetle and spider army attacks," Yoongi said, with a smile.

"That might not be so funny," Tayeon chuckled.

"I wonder if it's anything to do with... you know, how you're so much more powerful than every other Divergent. Maybe you can see visions or something as well."

"Maybe," she said, with a sigh. It wasn't a thought she liked to dwell on. "We just need someone to interpret the vision for us."

At that moment, there was a small commotion inside the base, and after a minute, Jungkook and Ae-cha emerged, both looking a little sleepy. Ae-cha had two massive sticks in her hand, and Jungkook was carrying a few small stones. They smiled at Yoongi and Tayeon, as they passed them, before heading out into the valley.

"Am I seeing things?" Wondered Yoongi. "Jungkook up before 10am. Are you okay?"

"We're just hungry," Jungkook rolled his eyes at Yoongi's teasing. "And we've nearly finished our cow."

"Gonna try fishing," explained Ae-cha, holding up the long sticks that were in her hand. "Don't know if there's fish in the lake, but I guess we'll find out."

"Oh there's definitely fish in there," said Tayeon.

"You've already seen some?" Asked Jungkook. "Great!"

"No, I can feel them, if I try and tap into the energy that the water has," Tayeon explained. "It's weird, I didn't realise that's what was going on with my power til yesterday."

"What, so if I jumped in the water, you could tell I was there without looking?" Yoongi wondered.

"Within reason," said the blonde. "If you were within range, I'd know instantly. If you were further away I'd have to be actively looking for it to know you were there."

"That's really cool!" Ae-cha smiled at her.

Yoongi and Tayeon watched the two of them heading off to find the perfect location to fish for their breakfast, playfully shoving at each other, until Ae-cha almost ended up in the lake, and Jungkook had to use his shield to prevent her from falling, and kiss her lips apologetically. Eventually, they disappeared in the distance, and Yoongi glanced at his own girlfriend, chuckling a little at her expression.

"We were never like that."

"You say it like we're so much older than them, but Jimin and I are the same age," Tayeon reminded him, with a laugh. "And you're only five years older, anyway."

"True," Yoongi grinned at her. "And there's definitely ulterior motives to the romantic fishing trip. I refuse to believe Jungkook would get up this early otherwise."

"Absolutely," Tayeon laughed.

Yoongi leaned over, and kissed her lips softly, wanting to show his affection for her. Apart from anything else, he was so proud of her for dealing with everything that had been thrown at her.