six. bitten

ANTEBELLUM: VI PETER PARKER

ANTEBELLUM: VI 
PETER PARKER

I STARE AT THE HUGE BUILDING, OSCORP LABORATORIES IS ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE BUILDINGS IN MANHATTAN, SECOND TO THE STARK TOWER. With a deep breath, I push past the door and I am greeted by the air conditioner along with the unique scent that all labs have. I look around the place, feeling flabbergasted by the modernity and the use of technology inside this place. I've never been to such elegant and expensive-looking place, my lips parted open in a slight smile as I stare at the hologram of cell in the stage of mitosis before it was replaced by a hologram of a woman who further on explained what was happening.

"Excuse me?" A new voice calls my attention, I turn around and I'm greeted by the receptionists who waves me over. "Can I help you?"

I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out as I struggle to formulate something, I had planned in sneaking in but I did not plan on what to do if I encounter someone. "Oh, uh... I don't know. I'm here... to see Dr. Connors? Is he available?"

The receptionist smiles, "Right. You'll find yourself on the left."

I stare at her, confusion edging itself on my face as I felt how my mind went blank in pure uncertainty. The receptionist seems to notice my hesitation and she looks at me with questioning eyes, "You are here for the internship?"

I nod, "Yeah, yeah."

She nods slowly before gesturing to my left where I could see there were name badges. "You'll find your name badge on your left."

"Oh!" I exclaim, I let out a nervous chuckle as I stood in front of several name badges. My heart beat wildly as I struggle to pic one, I was trying to find one that had a similar resemblance with me just in case something happens.

"Are you having trouble finding yourself?" The receptionist asks, her eyes squinting with suspicion.

Without thinking I grab the first badge my hand came in contact with, "Nope, I got it."

The receptionist glances at the name badge before nodding, "Okay, Mr. Guevara."

"Gracias." I say before swiveling on my shoe heels and moving toward the elevator, once inside I press the third floor and the metal doors shut close before the elevator pulls me up.

I brush my sweaty hands against my trousers, trying to get rid of any sign of nervousness or negative thoughts. After researching enough about the topic I was confident I could gain his attention, I was positive that this man could tell me something about my father. They worked together before he died, perhaps he knows something, I have no clue why I need that information. I just want to know something, my aunt and uncle barely speak about him and it drives me insane because I feel like they are keeping something from me. I don't believe my parents just spontaneously died in that plane crash, when they left me with Aunt May and Uncle Ben they both seemed pretty scared and reluctant. Something was up, I could feel it in the way they said their goodbyes. I at least deserve the truth and I was going to find it.