Lime

I lied you won't like this chapter 😌

Shout out too: @Talijah12 thanks for the follow

"Would you guys like to see the baby before or after the swab test"

I looked at Cassie who looked at the doctor

"before"

"ok that works perfectly for us, if you will just lay on the bed and lift your shirt" Cassie does as she's told.

I moved to stand next to her and I grabbed her hand. The doctor rolled over to her in this rolling chair with this big ass machine that had a monitor on it. he put some gloves on and grabbed something in a white tube.

"It's going to be cold" he mumbled before squeezing a gel-like substance on her stomach, she squeezed my hand.

The doctor looked at the monitor with a concentrated look, he moved the wand thing around, then he sighed. "Hold on, JESSICA,"

Cassie jumped in surprise at the doctor yelling.

the door busted open to reveal a young girl panting "yes....doctor," she says in between breaths.

"Push the Monitor close" she looked at the man in disbelief before doing as the doctor told her.

he looked at the monitor closely squinting his eyes, the he took his gloves off and froze the monitor so he could clean Cassies stomach, he then looked at Cassie and sat next to her in a chair

"Um there seems to be a problem, with the baby" I inhaled sharply and Cassie gripped my hand tighter

"what's—uh what's wrong" I asked glancing at Cassie looking for any discomfort.

"you're baby has a hole in the heart, it's very small but so is the baby"

I closed my eyes and groaned

"is the baby going to be alive when I give birth" Cassie asked lowly.

dr shrugged "it could close up, but there's a very high chance it won't, if so it's going to need a surgery after you've given birth, and multiple times after that. I would highly advise you to wait for the Paternity test, you don't want any more complications,"

the doctor looked between Cassie and me. "I'll leave you too
discuss" he left.

I looked at the monitor looking at my baby, I sat on the chair to the right of Cassie.

I heard Cassie sniffle "Y/n" she sobbed, I went to her placing my hands on her face.

"hey, it's ok. our baby will be ok" I swiped my thumbs under her eyes, wiping the tears away but my words or actions didn't stop her tears.

"you promise" she looked at me. I shook my head feeling my own tears threaten to fall, I tilted my head

"cass, you know I can't promise that" she shook her head away from my hands.

"Cassie-"

"can you leave...please ill have someone pick me up" I nodded hesitantly she continued to sob as I walked out.