Chapter 66

Tony Stark's POV

Fortuntely, it wasn't that hard to find out the location of Dreykov's main base in the sky. All it took was Clint's and Josh's computer skills, and my incredible intelligence to find it. It seemed to be located near the east-southern areas of Russia, but before the rest of the team and I jumped into action, I decided that the team needed a bit of encouragement. As much as I hate to admit it, Rogers knew how to make an encouraging speech, but I'm more than certain that I can make a way better encouragement speech than him. 

"So, team, I know that this mission had been a little unexpected, especially since we were all prepared to fight against Thanos, but I think that this mission happened for a reason. If we can't even defeat this terrorist, then how could we even defeat Thanos? I think that this would be our chance to prove that we are better Avengers than Rogers and his band of fugitives. To be honest, I never believed in heroes and I still don't, but I know that we can be the people that citizens can depend on and trust to protect them from dangerous threats. I know that we can do it and we will do it when we show them that there are people out there who are accountable for our actions and acknowledge that every life matters". At the end of the speech, everyone cheered. Yelena came toward me and playfully punched me on the arm.  

"Nice speech, Tony"

"Thanks, Yelena. Was Strange able to remove the pheromone lock from your system?"

"Yes, I should be able to fight alongside the team"

"Perfect. Let's do this!". Once we saw the base, Clint placed the jet into cloak mode, so we couldn't be detected by security systems or other Black Widows, then snuck around the base to the most vulnerable and exposed area of the base and proceeded to launch it there, but not before I asked Friday and Jarvis to scan the area to make sure that there was no-one there. Both of them assured me that there was no-one there, so Clint landed the jet onto the platform, then I started to explain the plan to the team before we enacted the mission.

First, Clint, Josh and I would disable the security systems and cameras, so we would be able to enter the base and not have too many issues with the security systems.

Then, Dr. Strange and Vision would carefully and safely neutralize the other Black Widows with their powers, and then one of the members, as all of the team members would be equipped with the antidote, would inject the antidote into the Black Widows, so the chemical would be removed from their systems.

Before we left for the mission, Yelena warned me of the Taskmaster, who could replicate the movements and hand-to-hand combat strategies of anyone that she made contact with, so it would have been difficult to defeat her if it weren't for the fact that I wasn't a technical genius. I managed to create a synthetic device that should neutralize the Taskmaster until we figure out how to help her since Yelena is convinced that it was another Black Widow in the suit, but the problem is that someone needed to get close enough to her to put it on her and I don't want to endanger the team in order to put it on her suit.

Yelena suggested the idea that one team member should distract the Taskmaster while another one would sneak up behind her and place the device on her back. Yelena volunteered to be the one who fought the Taskmaster and Hope and Scott said that they could put the device on her suit since they can make themselves small enough where the Taskmaster won't detect them.

Well, now all of that is settled. It is time for the moment that we have all been waiting for. The team jumped out the jet and immediately went into action. Some of the Black Widows came out nowhere and attempted to attack, but Dr. Strange and Vision intervened and knocked them down with their powers, then they injected the antidote into their systems.

Once that happened, Yelena noticed the Taskmaster, so she chased after her. I notified Hope and Scott to look out for Yelena and be prepared to stick the device onto her suit.

Yelena Belova's POV

I shouldn't be that surprised that the plan happened so well. From the time that I have met the team, there has been nothing but great team communication and great team collaboration, so of course, the plan would work out. The other team members managed to take down and neutralize the other Black Widows, but then I noticed the Taskmaster, so I wanted to make sure that one of the people who made the Red Room flourish would be taken down once and for all, but also help her out since she probably went through as much pain and torture as any other Black Widow did.

I followed her onto the rooftop, but before I initiated combat with her, I notified Hope and Scott on the comms that I was on the rooftop and they needed to be prepared with the device. Hope responded that Tony notified them that I chased down the Taskmaster, so they followed me onto the rooftop and whenever I was ready, they would be.

"Taskmaster, I don't want to hurt you. I just want to help you, I know that you are a victim of the Red Room, just like me, so just let me help you". She didn't respond. Looks like we are going to have to do this the hard way. "So, is this how you want it to be? Then, so be it". I charged toward her and started to engage in hand-to-hand combat, but as soon as I touched her, she started to copy the same strategies that I used. Good thing that some of the New Avengers helped me learn some new tactics before we came here.

I used one of the new tactics and I managed to knock down the Taskmaster, which was more than enough time for Hope and Scott to put the device onto her suit. Once I was certain that the Taskmaster was neutralized, I pulled off her mask and was shocked at who was under the mask. Antonia? I thought that Taskmaster was just another Black Widow, not Dreykov's own daughter. Why would he do this to her?

Hope and Scott returned to normal size and stood next to me. Scott checked on her and made sure that she was stable.

"She will be fine. We can take her back to the jet while you and the rest of the team find Dreykov"

"Thank you. I'm still that we can take it from here". Hope and Scott carried her back to the jet while I walked around the base to find Dreykov. There is only one place that I know Dreykov would be at. I just hope that it is not too late and he escaped before someone caught him. It will be my worst nightmare if he escaped and the Red Room would still be operational.

(A/N): Hi, everyone! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and next chapter will be about the final confrontation with Dreykov and the future for the New Avengers. Also, again, sorry if I have gotten something wrong in this chapter. Like I stated in Chapter 63, I have not seen 'Black Widow' and depended on Wikipedia and other fanfictions about the movie, so sorry about that, but it is my story and I can do what I want. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter and the next chapter will be coming out soon. Goodbye for now!