sixteen

Even though me and Ian had made things right, Lip and Ian were still fighting over so many things. 

Ian kept saying things to Lip about Karen and her being pregnant, Ian wasn't happy with Lip because he got a West Point application and I still think they were both still mad at each other about what happened with me. 

I saw Lip sat up on the roof so I went and talked to him. It was the least I could do. 

"you and Ian still fighting" I said walking over to him

he didn't reply 

"is it about Karen?" I then asked 

again no reply 

"she's married Lip, skipping the wedding reception I hope" 

"wasn't invited" he finally replied back 

"she moved on" I shrugged 

"I hope you see the irony in you giving relationship advice" he then turned to me and said 

I didn't say anything back this time. 

"do you know if grammy is staying" he asked me

"you want try and tell he to leave" I chuckled 

"guess we better steal some fire extinguishers from the school then" Lip said throwing the end of  his cigarette off the roof.  

I started walking away 

"make it right with Ian" I said Turing around "your my best friend and he's my boyfriend do you know how awkward it is" I laughed but Lip didn't seem amused. 

"I just don't understand what he has done that is so special for him to deserve the boyfriend title and not me" Lip said standing up. 

"I'm not getting involved in this shit Lip, as I said before, sort it out" I finally said before climbing back down the ladder. 

After school me and Ian both had a shift at the Kash n Grab 

we were both sat behind the register when Lip walked in. I could already tell he was going to start a problem. 

He went over to the fridges and got out a bottle of beer the came over and put it on the counter. 

"grammy's back, just showed up in an ambulance" Lip said to Ian 

Ian didn't say anything back or even change the expression on his face. 

"you know she er didn't even call" Lip added as Ian grabbed the bottle of beer and scanned it in on the register.

"how fucked up is that huh" he carried on saying as Ian carried on to ignore him. 

 "that't it?" Lip asked "nothing?"

"your just gonna give me the chin" they just started at each other for a couple seconds.

Then Lip slammed his hands down on the counter and then walked over and grabbed a tomato.

 he came back in front of the counter and slammed it down on the floor in front of me and Ian.

"how about now" Lip said raising his voice. 

Me and Ian both didn't say anything. 

"no?" he said walking back over to the fruit and picking up two more tomatoes. 

This time he threw one at the fridge 

"really still nothing?" he shouted 

then he threw the other one at the door 

"no?" 

Now he grabbed a whole watermelon and smashed it on the floor in front of him.

"lip fucking stop" I finally said 

Ian looked really angry now but he still didn't say anything and finally Lip just walked out.

I got back to the Gallagher house and Ian was working out in the living room and Debbie was trying to pick her outfit for her first day back at school. 

"good your here" she said as I walked through the door. "I'm trying to make a good impression for my last year of elementary school"

"red top, blue shorts" I said then smiled 

"that's what I thought, thanks."  she replied gathering the rest of the clothes together. 

Then Lip walked in from the kitchen.

"Karen and I are getting back together. she ditched Jody, so now I can step up. be a father to our kid" lip said walking over to me and Ian, who was still doing sit ups on the floor. 

"why what's wrong with jody" Debbie asked 

"he's a tool" Lip replied 

"how will I know if I am dating a tool" Debbie then said 

"you will figure it out. or we will beat the shit out of him for you." 

"okay cool" Debbie said before walking away. 

"pathetic" Ian finally said 

"ladies and gentlemen he speaks" Lip exclaimed.

I just sat on the sofa and shook my head already guessing what was about to happen

"you could have anything you want. this is the life you choose?" Ian said walking over to Lip

"no I can't have the life I want, because my brother took the one thing I want already" Lip replied looking over at me "and plus I'm not gonna split on my kid like frank." 

"fucking waste" Ian said 

"you know what, you were the one who was dating Millie and then fucking her brother at the same time" Lip then said

"yeah but I sorted that out didn't it" Ian responded "and at least I'm not getting trapped by some pregnant skank.

"fuck you" Lip said pushing Ian 

"hey fucking stop" I said standing up. 

"you will probably drop out of school, start working at Best Buy" Ian said now pushing Lip back

"watch your mouth" 

"I wonder how long it takes before you start huffing glue" Ian then shouted now pushing Lip against the wall. 

"hey, hey" I then shouted 

but they didn't listen so I just walked out the front door. I was so sick of their shit. 

 "hey Millie wait" I heard Ian shout from behind me so I stopped walking and waited for him to catch up.

"you two done fighting" I said 

"yeh we are good now, we are gonna go get a beer later" Ian replied 

"good, I was sick of you fighting over everything." I laughed

"school starts again tomorrow" I said as Ian put his arm around me.

"yeah I'm fucking dreading it" he replied laughing.