twelve

it's finally summer.

I had just finished my shift at the Kash n Grab and I decided to go back to Ian's.

I walked into his room as he was taking his shirt off

"yo" I said walking in

"hey" he replied

I went and sat on his bed.

"how's work" I asked him

"weird" he replied taking his jeans off "don't ask" he added, then walking into the bathroom.

I saw his bag sitting on the end of his bed with a magazine sticking out of it, so I got it out to have a look what it was.

It was a fucking admissions packet for West Point.

I went straight into the bathroom and pulled back the shower curtain.

"what the hell is this" I said

"fuck millie"

"it's an admission packet for West Point" he answered getting out of the shower and pulling a towel around him.

"no shit, you just graduated the 10th grade" I said

"I wanted to see what is would take to get in"

"your kidding. your actually serious about the shit"

"well I was in ROTC for two years so what do you think millie"

"I don't know I thought it was some kind of stupid phase, I mean what am I supposed to do sit around playing house wife while your off somewhere getting shot in Pakistan"

"don't worry it was really discouraging." he said sitting on the edge of the bath. "I need like a 4.2 GPA and a massive SAT score. And a recommendation from the president or some shit. only thing I know I can pass for sure is the fitness test."

"so what the army requires straight A's to get your leg blown off in Kabul"

I paused.

"you really want this shit?"

"yes" he replied

"fine, go for it then. who am I to stop you?"

Ian just smiled back at me.

Mickey was finally getting out of juvie today and i was kinda of excited to see him properly again.
Me and ian waited outside for him.

"here he comes" I said as I saw him walking down the stairs. "you didn't have to come with me you know" I then said to Ian.

"bad neighbourhood" he replied 

"we live in a bad Neighbourhood"

"yeah but we are related to the bad people in our neighbourhood" 

"what the hell is he doing here" Mickey said walking up to us 

"he thought I needed protection" I replied 

"Oh yeah, you think you may know my sister" Mickey said "but you don't know my sister until you have fought my sister" he finished, hugging me tightly.

"you smell like barbecue sauce" I said to him 

"smell like what" he said laughing

"hey what did dad tell you" I shouted 

"fuck the police" he replied 

"no more titty twisters now I'm a c cup" I said yanking his hair 

"c cup, bitch you wish" he laughed stepping back. 

Then Mickey turned around to the police officers.

"hey fuck you, fuck you and especially fuck you" he shouted while flipping them all off. 

 "Alright Jesus let's get out of here before they throw you back in" Ian said as we started walking away. 

Mickey now had a job as a security guard at the store with me and Ian as a part of his probation.

Ian was on the register and me and Mickey we stood round the front making sure the kids behind us didn't manage to get out the door with all of the candy bars they were putting the their pockets. 

Then me, Ian and Mickey helped Lip load some cases of beer into his and Kev's van.

However when we were doing so I kept seeing Mickey and Ian look at each other, like a lot. Which I thought was really weird but I just brushed it off. 

Us three were walking back from work.

"hey you coming back to mine" Ian asked me 

"yeah sure" I replied 

then Mickey turned down a different street to back home.

"hey don't fuck each other too much" he shouted walking away 

"dickhead" I shouted back 

When me and Ian got back he started doing pull-ups on the bar in the doorway of his bedroom while I sat on his bed a watched.

Then carl came in and started punching Ian's stomach

"ah dude stop" Ian said

"it's the best way to get six pack abs, I saw it on a YouTube video" carl replied 

"hey fuckwad" Lip shouted walking down the hall 

"dickhead" carl shouted back 

"what are you doing"  

"helping Ian train" 

Then Ian got on the floor and started doing sit ups. Ian looked extra hot when working out so I was still making the most of the show.

lip came and sat next to me and lit up a cigarette and started talking to Ian about west pint, but I was still too distracted to actually focus on hat they were talking about.  

Then Debbie walked up the stairs wearing all black and singing some kind of super deep song.

"I will burn for you, feel pain for you" she carried on singing while pushing past carl and going into the bathroom. 

"what's with debs" I asked as we all looked at her in confusion 

"Obsessed with death" carl said to me

"oh" I just replied and nodded my head.

"hey Ian why do you wanna join the army anyway, your just gonna get shot through the butthole" carl added 

"hey fuckhead, the only reason you're not in summer school is because they wouldn't have you" Lip shouted to him and I laughed grabbing the cigarette out of his hand.  

Then carl and Lip finally went downstairs just leaving me and Ian 

"hey Ian" I said getting up and walking over to him

"yeah" he replied 

"are you and Mickey friends now" I asked 

"yeah I guess you could say that, we just talk sometimes" he said to me but didn't make any eye contact with me the whole time.

"why do you ask" he added 

"I just wondered, oh mandy just texted me and said I have to go help her with something at home" I lied looking at my phone and pretending she had. 

"oh okay, see you later" he said giving me a quick kiss before I walked downstairs.

I couldn't stop thinking about the way Mickey and Ian kept looking at each other today at work and now I am starting to get even more suspicious of the way Ian answered me and didn't look at me once.

I mean I'm probably just overthinking but there is just a little voice at the back of my head saying something weird is going off.