one

I'm so sick of living here, I need to get out more.

"if you want food, get money for it your fucking self" Terry shouts from the sofa.

"fuck you Terry" I say slamming the front door shut.

If I get a job he is not getting one cent of the money, even if he's dying. I know a place downtown its called the Kash n grab or something. Mandy told me they are willing to hire any old south side deadbeat. Its worth a shot.

I walk up to the door but its closed and someones stood banging on it.

It was Lip Gallagher, told you this place loves south side deadbeats.

"Yo Kash" he shouts while carrying on to bang on the door with a closed sign on it. I always thought Lip was supposed to be the smart one.

"It says closed asshole" i say walking up to him

"yeah but not usually at 2 in the afternoon" he replied turning to me. "aren't you one of the Milkovich's, Mandy or something?"

"Millie, and yeah I am" I say while rolling my eyes.

"anyways there is a door round the back we can try if your trying to find Kash too" Lip says starting walking down some steps.

I just follow him, after all I am here to talk to the guy who's name is on the front of the store too. I carry on to follow Lip into the store while he is still shouting Kash's name.

"All right you stack the butter. I'll do the snacks." I assume must be Kash says while walking round the corner, followed by a dark ginger haired boy who I think is another one of the Gallaghers.

As they start restocking the fridges Kash turns around and finally realises me and Lip stood there.

"Oh Jesus Christ, Lip" He exclaims now looking at us both.

"Yeah sorry Kash I just er, thanks for the tools" Lip started.

I looked at the bag in his hand, that's what was in there. I just assumed it was guns or drugs to be honest.

"Anytime. As long as I get them back" Kash replied. Lip's brother didn't say anything he just carried on stocking the fridge.

"right" Lip said, then he looked down and we was both now staring at their shoes. They both had one shoe from each pair on like they had gone to put their shoes back on in a rush and got mixed up. Weird I thought, but not that weird for around here. However Lip looked more concerned at this point and I wasn't quite sure why.

"You must be joking" Lip broke the silence with, now looking back up at the both of them.

Lip's brother finally stopped what he was doing and looked at him terrified. I am definitely missing something here. I am just gonna wait to ask about a job and stand here and watch whatever shit is about to start.

"what, your fucking him?" Lip said raising his voice now and looking disgusted.

I should have expected that to be fair, I mean why else would they have each others shoes on and the shop just be closed in the middle of the day. I guess I just never thought to add it all up.

"fuck" Lip muttered dropping the bag of tools next to me and walking out of the back door.

I just stood there with my eyes wide open looking at the both of them while they stood in silence.

"I came here to ask for a job but I see you two have a lot going on so I'm just gonna leave you to it" I said then walked out the same way Lip did.

I had just made it up the steps but then I heard someone shouting wait behind me. I turned around to see Lip's brother chasing after me.

"You can't tell anyone what you heard back there" he said walking up to me.

I just ignored him and carried on walking away. I'm not getting involved in Gallaghers shit when I've got bigger problems of my own.

He still followed me then grabbed my arms.

"get the fuck off of me" I shouted trying to get him to let go but he just held on tighter.

"promise me you won't tell anyone" he said looking me straight in the eyes.

"okay okay I promise" I said and he finally let go of my arms. That's bullshit. I'm not keeping a secret for a Gallagher, especially when it's as fucked up as this. 40 year old man who probably has a wife and kids taking it up the ass from 15 year old south side gay boy. Mandy and Mickey are gonna love this one.

"what's your name again" I shouted back at him as I had already started to walk away.

"Ian Gallagher" he shouted back

"touch me again Ian, and I will get my brother to fuck you up" I finally shouted and then carried on to walk away.