Chapter 37

Chapter 37
Grief

It was already eleven in the evening when I decided to leave after answering some of my mother's questions regarding Aedion. Papa did not come back for dinner after answering the call earlier. I went to his office para magpaalam. He was still on his phone, kaya tahimik lang akong nagpaalam. Papa nodded and stared at me for a few seconds before turning back to the documents on his table.

"I'll be fine, Mama." I said.

Huminto ako sa harap ng front door upang lingunin si Mama. She's getting worried for me again just like when I was on my way here.

"I have a meeting tomorrow morning with a client. I also need to talk to my manager about the issue. Baka maipit ako sa traffic bukas kung dito po ako magpapalipas ng gabi,"

Mama nodded slowly. "Naiintindihan ko. Text me when you get home, okay?"

"I will,"

Sandali ko siyang pinagmasdan. I thought after our confrontation, I could slowly treat her the same way as I did before this whole mess started. Now I realize, that won't happen coz every time I look at her, I'd remember the things she told me earlier, kung papaano niya inamin ang kaniyang kasalanan at kung gaano siya nagsisisi.

It made me see her in a different light, though that doesn't mean I'll love her less. She's still the same person as the one that I looked up to ever since I was young. Pero hindi gaya noon, I don't see her as someone who's always kind, understanding, and selfless. Rather, I see her as someone who once made the wrong decisions, someone who caused emotional pain to others, but is continuously trying to change and be a better version of herself.

I was about to turn my heel when I noticed Kuya Azekiel walking down the stairs. Now wearing more comfortable clothes, plain white shirt and black cotton shorts. His hair was disheveled and still damped, making me sure he just got out of shower. His dark monolid eyes quickly found mine.

"Ako na ang maghahatid sa kaniya." he said without taking his eyes off me.

Mama gave me a worried look. Kuya Azekiel was obviously against what Papa wanted—to talk to Aedion. And how Aedion and I got back together. At kung hindi pa sapat na batayan ang pananahimik niya kanina sa hapag, then the irritation written all over his face now totally gave him away.

I gave Mama a reassuring smile before turning back to my brother.

"Sige." I said.

Nag-aalala man, hinayaan ni Mama na si Kuya Azekiel ang maghatid sa akin. We stepped out of the mansion and walked quietly to where my car was. I asked him a few questions regarding his date and his company. Tipid lang niyang sinagot ang mga 'yon. He would always throw me an annoyed look when I turn to him pero hindi ko na lang iyon pinapansin.

Nang marating na namin ang aking sasakyan at mabuksan ko na ang pinto sa driver's seat, 'saka niya isinatinig ang kanina pang gustong sabihin. With an annoyed look, his brows furrowed and jaw clenched a few times as if he's trying to restrain his anger.

"Seryoso ka ba sa ginagawa mo, Yuri? Have you forgotten what his father did?" he said in a cold tone.

I sighed. Akmang magsasalita, I stopped when he spoke again.

"And don't tell me it was his father and not him. I won't accept that fucking reason again."

Tinikom ko ang aking bibig at tahimik na pinagmasdan ang aking kapatid. A sudden wave of realization hit me as I stared at his dark eyes dripping with anger.

Looking at him feels like looking at my old self, the one that was so driven by anger that only bitterness flowed in my system and revenge was all I could think of.