Goodbye, forever - C.YJ x H.YJ

Yeonjun puts his cup of coffee down on the coffee table and sat on his couch. He looked out the window of his apartment, the rain had gone stronger this morning, and he couldn't be more worried about her. Her flight to New York is in fifteen minutes but he's still in his pyjamas refusing to go. Refusing to say goodbye to her in person. Besides, they're exes after all.
His phone vibrates, he had received a call from his older sister. He swiped the green button and tapped on the speaker mode.
"What?"
"Yeji will go in fifteen minutes. Don't you wanna say goodbye?" Yuju asks from the other line.
"I'm good. She won't reply anyway. She's mad at me."
"For the ninth time Yeonjun, she isn't. Trust me."
"Even then, I won't say goodbye to her, at least in person."
"Should I just say that you left her goodbye or something? At least that will make me feel better."
"Fine, whatever. Anything else?"
"No. Just... never mind."
"Hm, okay. Bye."
Yeonjun tapped the red button before Yuju could say something else. He couldn't dare to say that he was worried and will miss her while she will be in New York, studying at a prestigious dance school; Juilliard. At least someone has a dream unlike him.
Yeji and Yeonjun are different. Yeji is a dreamer while Yeonjun is not. Yeji likes to party and socialise while Yeonjun enjoys a quiet day in his apartment away from the crowd.
Both broke up because of Juilliard. Yeji wanted to go to her dream school however Yeonjun was too afraid to let her go. Even with his cold looks, he has a soft side for her. They fought all night during a date night at his place and Yeji couldn't be seen after closing his door for the last time. By then, he knew they were off for good.
Did he fuck it up? Yes. Did he regret it? Yes. Does he want to say his true feelings? No.
Yeonjun contemplated multiple times last night whether he wants to go to the airport. Sending her off and saying his last goodbye even if it doesn't mean anything to her. His choices remained a no.
He opens his phone with the first he sees is a long message from Soobin.
Choi Soobin: Five more minutes. We're ready for departure. Stuff had been checked out and everyone is ugly crying. I hope you are too lol.
Choi Soobin: Yuju noona told me that she had left a goodbye from you to Yeji. She wanted to tell you herself but she was too lazy to talk to you. Yeji replies? She said thanks. I think she's sad that you didn't come. Her eyes were wandering around the airport like she was searching for someone (obv you). She still misses you, bro.
Choi Soobin: Three more minutes. This is it. I hope you realised what a wrong choice you made. Okay. Bye.
Yeonjun threw his phone to the side and groaned. Of course, he made the wrong choices. He does want to see her for the last time. Kissing her, hugging her, saying that it will all be okay even though he will miss her. If time machines were invented, he would pay anything and everything to turn back time.

- 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲, 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 -

Hours later, Yeonjun had come back from groceries shopping. Yeji usually had done the shopping for him but now, independent Yeonjun is back.
Yeonjun hung his umbrella on the hanger, and dropped his wet coat inside the laundry basket, putting the two paper bags on the kitchen counter not having the mind to put them away yet. He left to the living room and laid on his couch face first, muttering how tired he was. If Yeji were here she would massage him and ended up back hugging him minutes later. He missed her so much.
Yeonjun's eyes caught the picture frame standing on the side table beside the blue lamp Yeji gave him when he first moved in. It's a picture of their first date together under a cherry blossom tree near the Han River. It was an awkward yet memorable moment for the two of them.
"You were so cute back then," Yeonjun said, "I'm sorry about everything. I miss you. Don't you too? I hope you're happy, I mean it. Be strong and find someone better even if it'll make me sad."
Yeonjun fixed into a sitting position, deciding to watch the television for the first time in a while. He got the remote, pressed the red button, and turned it on, switching between different channels and broadcasting stations thinking about which one to watch. He settled on a random variety show. Laughing and giggling, letting his mind free for a while.
Fifteen minutes into the show it was cut off into breaking news. Yeonjun stood up for a drink while the news plays until the show starts again. However, the next thing he heard shattered him into pieces.
"Breaking news! Korean Airline TI403 flight from Seoul to New York crashes into the deep sea due to strong wind. According to the investigators, the missing part of the plane is still not found with the missing bodies of the passengers. With that, here are the names of the victims."
The screen cuts into the list of people on that flight. Yeonjun prayed that the flight is not her's yet he knew that he was unlucky.
Hwang Yeji.
Her name was listed with hundreds more passengers but her's was the one that made him go numb.
"No! No, no, no," Yeonjun furiously shakes his head, refusing to accept that she's gone forever.
His feet wobbled, his whole body dropped on the wooden living room floor, and his mouth muttered the word "Sorry" multiple times. Regretting that he didn't say his goodbye when it was soon to be a goodbye, forever.

- 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲, 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 -

Imagine coming back after a month of rest and giving your readers angst stories. I would never guys, I would never 😒🙄😬

Anyways... WHO MISS ME???