V-day special: Sick Day - C.BG x S.RJ

Ryujin coughed from the hundredth time today. She sniffed on her tissue and groaned, this is the worst day of her life. She has been sick from the past three days and it's killing her. She have to miss school and can't get out of her room unless she needs the bathroom. Not to mention her bedroom that looks like a garbage can with the amount of dirty tissues piling up around her.

Then, the door opens revealing Ryujin's mum wearing a full plastic coveralls and face shield mask. She also had a tray of food and a few pills for her to drink. She obviously took this too much. And the fact that she's a nurse just making it worse.

Ryujin rolled her eyes seeing how her mum looked like right now. "Mum, you're being dramatic. It's not like I have covid."

"You never know until you had your test tomorrow," her mum said as she put the tray on her side table. "Now, eat your lunch and drink you medicines and go to sleep, understood?"

"Yeah, thank you very much!" She thanked and Mrs Shin left her room.

Ryujin sighed and start to eat her food. After finishing the whole plate, she drank her medicine and laid back down on her bed, pulling her blanket up to her face to snuggle into it.

She was about to go to sleep not until a knock on the door was heard. "Just go inside mum!" She shouted.

"Ryu~" she sat up hearing the sweet voice of her boyfriend, Beomgyu coming inside her room with a mask, holding a few bags of stuff.

"What are you doing?! You're not supposed to be here! I am sick, as you can see," she opened her arms to give him a look of her condition. "And how did you manage to get inside my mun security check?" She asks.

"I know, but I miss you," he pouted as he say down on a chair next to her bed. "And I also convinced your mum, she's crazy down there. Did you know that she had a guest book filled with names and their times when they arrived? She also checked my temperature and forced me to wear a mask!" He rambled.

"I know, she's crazy when a family member is sick. It feels like a covid centre than a home," she sighed. "Anyway, what are those bags for?" She asks while looking at the bags he brought.

"Do you know what today is?" He started off.

"Monday?" He nodded his head and smiled cheekily which confused her. Then it hits, "wait, it's Valentine's day isn't it? Nooo Beom-ie," she whined, showing a pouty face.

"I know, I know. That is why I bring you these, Valentine's gift!" He took one of the bags from the floor and open it, revealing a bouquet of red roses. "Here are for you, Miss Shin!" She smiled as she grabbed the bouquet.

He grabbed another bag and open it revealing a cute teddy bear, "this is for you if you miss me!" He handed it to her.

"Gyu, this is your fifth teddy bear and you gave it to me with the same reason," she laughed and pointed at the other four bears that are organised on her bed.

"Great, now you can cuddle all five of them and think they're me," she rolled her eyes. Then he gave her a box of chocolate from the third bag. "Don't eat them too much, cavities," he warned.

Then Beomgyu continued with his valentine's day gift. He gave her photo albums filled with their photos, cute letters, a box filled with his jokes so that she could laugh to it when she's feeling down, and lastly, a stack of notes from school that she missed.

Ryujin felt lucky to have Beomgyu by her side. He always take good care of her— though he acts really annoying sometimes. But it just one of his love languages for her that she appreciates.

The two dated six months ago after Beomgyu courted Ryujin last year. He said that she was unique and different than other girls which was heart fluttering for her. It was full of roller coaster ride in the beginning since Ryujin was hard to impress, but overall, it was a fun and memorable moment for them. 

"I'm sorry that we have to cancel all of our Valentine's day plan because of me," Ryujin apologised while playing with Beomgyu's fingers and leaned her head on his chest.

Yes, both of them right now are cuddling on top of her bed. Ryujin have declined many times but you know Beomgyu, he'll get his way for anything. Especially if it's Ryujin related.

"It's fine, I don't mind. We could spend Valentine's like this and I will be very happy as long as I'm with you," she punched him on the chest making him groaned in pain. Even being sick, she's still strong as ever.

"That's what you get for being flirty all the time," she tsk-ed.

"Only for you~" he cooed and planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

But she blocked her face away by doing another abusive act which was slapping his cheek away, "don't kiss me, you'll get sick. You also don't have your mask on right now."

Beomgyu thinks for a second, "hm, I'm find with that. You could take care of me while I'm being clingy to you, I know that you like it," he smirked.

"Whatever. Just don't kiss me, I don't want you to get sick," she said and closed her eyes, ready to get some sleep.

"I don't care~" he sang and kiss her on the lips which he succeeded.

Ryujin opened her eyes and glared at him, "stop! Don't. Kiss. Me!" She warned and closed her eyes back.

Beomgyu laughed and kissed her again. He's really enjoying this and this made her blood boil. But she doesn't have the urge to fight because of her condition.

"Beom, stop, I need to sleep," she told while snuggled close to him.

"Okay then, sleep." He said.

It was silent except for Beomgyu's humming of a lullaby and Ryujin's small snores. He looked at her to check if she was asleep and she was. He gently pull out from her hold, making sure she's not awake.

Beomgyu finally manages to get off her bed and pack up his stuff to leave. But before that, he planted a soft kiss on her temple.
"Get well soon and happy Valentine's day," he whispered and left her room.

But what he doesn't know, Ryujin is actually smiling under the blanket. She picked up the teddy bear that he gave her earlier and snuggle it up close, oh how she missed him already.

~ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘌𝘯𝘥 ~

The fact that I wrote this when I was sick.