She's back - K.TH x L.CH

Another day at the Kang's mansion where both Taehyun and Kai are right now, chilling in Taehyun's bedroom playing some video games while sitting on bean chairs.

"So, what time are you gonna leave again?" Taehyun asks, focusing his eyes on the tv.

"I don't know, maybe an hour, or until Yuna calls me," Kai shrugged, also focusing on the game.

"Kay. You excited for tonight?" Taehyun asks, finally looking at Kai for a few seconds.

"I don't know man, nervous?" Kai sighed. (A/N: Spoiler 👀)

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Taehyun said. "By the way, who's coming to the party?" He asks another question.

"Us and her other friends and family. I also heard that she invited Chaeryeong. It's been years since we last saw her," Taehyun widen his eyes hearing the familiar name.

"C-Chaeryeong? I thought she moved overseas?" He paused the game making Kai whined.

"Well, she went back a week ago, which is unbelievable!" Kai exclaimed with wide eyes. "And unpause the game, I almost beat you!".

"W-wait! But how did Yuna got her number? She... she blocks us out, remember?" Taehyun whispered the last part.

"I guess they talk in secret," Kai shrugged. "Stop asking! Just turn on the tv!" Kai whined.

But they heard Kai's phone ringing. Meaning that someone called him.

"Yuna called me, I gotta go now," he pouted, disappointed that they couldn't finish the game.

"Oh okay then... so Chaeryeong will be there right?" Taehyun followed Kai's movement.

"Yes she is, I'll see you later! Bye!" Kai waved and went out of his room.

Taehyun sighed and leaned back on his bean chair. He looked up to his room ceiling and closed his eyes.

"She's back huh?" He whispered. "After 3 years, she's finally back," he smiled at the end.

Lee Chaeryeong. Taehyun's best friend and closest buddy. But they are surely more than that. They dated for two years until they had to broke up, well unofficially because she moved to Japan with her family for an unknown reason without telling anyone. Even him and their friends.

They looked for her everywhere. From her house, even her grandparents'. They were devastated, of course. He even tried to send private investigators to see where she is. Until after 4 months, one of them told them that she moved to Japan. And they haven't seen her since. But somehow like what Kai told him, Yuna had invited her over to her party.

He's curious. Has she changed at all over the past years? And if she's taken or not. Not that he minds, but he wants her to be his again. He has been declining other girls since he is always sure that she will come back soon enough.

———

The night of the party came. Everyone was freaking out seeing Chaeryeong there. She still looked the same. She just looked mature and her once brown hair is now dark red.

"Are you gonna talk to her?" Yeonjun stood next to him, holding his champagne glass.

"What?" Taehyun replied without looking at the lad. He's too busy staring at the person not too far from where they are.

"Chaeryeong? It's been a long time since you guys met," Yeonjun said.

"Of course, she just left us with no contact for three years," Taehyun scoffed lightly. "But I don't think I could talk to her," he looked down.