Chapter 31

"This is my friend, Vincent Griffith," Davina introduced to the family. "He is the regent of the New Orleans witches."

"I'm familiar with the notorious Mikaelsons." Vincent's voice was condescending but he didn't care. "The only reason I'm helping is because Hope is a witch, a New Orleans witch, to be exact."

"Yes, Marcel told us," Klaus nodded. He lent out a hand that the dark-skinned man shook with a grim smile. Vincent shifted to the side and Klaus's eyes laid on the man Hayley had brought in from the Crescent wolf pack.

"Klaus, this is Jackson," Hayley said.

"She's one of us," the werewolf spoke, eyeing Hope in Rebekah's arms. "She's all of us."

"Indeed she is," Klaus nodded. "I'm glad your joining us." He turned to address the three factions and the blur of the fourth one he created with his blood running through their veins. "Unfortunately, the people closest to you can be the deadliest. In this case, our aunt, Dahlia, has set for Hope and abuse her power for herself."

"She believes it's her right after what she dealt with Esther," Freya continued. "She will push right through us just to get to her and we need all the hands to stop her. She is a merciless witch."

"Who will be punished when she dies," Vincent said aloud. "I took a walk in the graveyard and I heard them whispering."

"When you hear her- the sound of violins, or see her flowers grow over the dead ones," Hayley added, glancing at the dahlias on the wall, "Get ready to attack."

Klaus made a single clap and the crowd dispersed, except the leaders, to return to their sacred sections of the town, on their toes for the specific witch. He took a hold of his daughter and held her tightly, promising that he would never let harms way through.

"Why don't we just do a summoning spell and get it over with?" Tyler stated cockily.

"The moment she arrives, the snap of her fingers would kill us all," Freya stated. "Did I remind you she channels me?"

"Then turn her!"

"That would be the best way," Klaus said maliciously. He glared at his so-called 'sister,' finding her expendable in the situation. "But, we won't."

"I have a plan," Amelia's voice echoed as she walked into the courtyard. "This doesn't involve the army you built."

"So speak," Kol urged. "Why is it so hard for us to get you to say something?"

She rolled her eyes before saying, "Someone will make a special dagger that is strong enough to put down a hybrid. When Klaus sacrifices himself as a power source for Dahlia instead of Hope, she will agree, linking their fuse together. So, he will be daggered and Dahlia will fall as he slowly desiccates. She will be asleep for her heart to be torn out."

"That sounds like a marvelous plan that will get us all killed."

"She's power-hungry, and Klaus... has everything she ever wanted," Freya thought. "And, he's immortal for her liking."

"Why me?" Klaus questioned.

"It would make sense for you to willingly give yourself up," Vincent said. "We just have to start with the dagger part."

"His blood imbued to the weapon would do the trick," Freya grinned. Klaus glared Amelia and he reluctantly complied to be drained of his blood for the witches to start enchanting one of his daggers.

He watched, along with everyone, as the vibrated and his blood trailed to it, sticking to it. It reminded him of the immortal white-oak dagger that Amelia still had and it was the ignition of their separation. He looked at her for a short moment, promising that he would speak to her before he left so in case anything happened...