Chapter 25

"Hi, do you know where Klaus Mikaelson is?" Amelia asked the bartender of the restaurant she stopped in. The blonde woman who was getting her a drink, stopped and looked at her. "It seems like you do."

"I've heard his name a few times, from a friend, Marcel."

"Can you tell me where this Marcel is?" Amelia read her name tag: Camille.

"The biggest place in the French Quarter. It's on Bourbon Street, you'll be able to find it," Camille answered. "Uhm, be careful."

"Thank you," Amelia smiled. She took a quick sip of her drink, paid, and started leaving. She put on her black coat over her dress, and stepped out. He black, wavy hair flowed in the wind as she walked down the street, listening to the majestic trumpets and the sound of party-goers.

As Camille had stated, she found the largest house on the street. The balcony was like with lights and vines from the over growing plants, and she assumed the place had a courtyard. She reached the entry gate and found out she was right when she walked into the open space.

Amelia heard grunting and cheering as she approached and when she got a clear view, she saw that a massive amount of people were crowded in the courtyard. There, she saw Rebekah and another man who was encouraging the others to do something. She listened carefully and heard them say, 'kill him!'

"Kill who, if I may ask," her soothing voice rang out, causing the commotion to drop to dead silence. The group of men she finally understood were vampires, split, creating a circle around her. She then saw a clear view of the disheveled Klaus Mikaelson in chains with his own sister abetting in his defeat.

"Look everyone!" the man exclaimed. "Welcome to the French Quarter Amelia Maxim!"

"Marcellus Gerard," she said, remembering who he was.

"My goodness, it's the female version of Elijah," he joked, and his boys laughed.

"Amelia," Klaus whispered.

"Don't you dare," Rebekah snapped. "You're over her, remember?"

"It's been a long time," Amelia said casually, ignoring her. "What has he done now that has offended you so much that you toss him like trash?"

"He's tried to take the home he's left away from me," Marcel said. "I was the one who made New Orleans this great."

"Ugh, men and their obnoxious crave for power," she rolled her eyes. "I've met a lot like you, both human and vampire."

"As if you haven't ceased power for yourself," he retorted, descending off of his box. Rebekah tried to stop him but he brushed her off and approached the newly-arrived vampire. "Rebekah told me what happened to you."

"Yes. But the difference between you and me is... that I earned it."

"Earned it?" he questioned. He abruptly in a psychotic laughter before replying loudly, "I earned my spot as the King of New Orleans!"

"No you didn't!" she yelled. "You summoned Mikael to chase Klaus out, so you could have this city all to yourself! How selfish of you to say you earned it, you bastard!"

At that, Klaus turned his head the bane of rage in his eyes that flashed amber. He whipped the chains his captors had held him in and tore them off of his body. He refrained form contorting into his true form but released his venomous K-9 teeth and sharp claws to attack.

"And Rebekah, where you not there?" Amelia continued. "How else could a witch do a spell like that without the blood of a kin?"

"Rebekah!" Klaus shouted. He killed his way through the sea of vampires, wanting to reach her. He didn't because Amelia placed a steady hand on his chest, directing strength so he wouldn't move. "Rebekah!"

"There is no need to attack her," Amelia said calmly. "The truth will haunt her."

"What is this madness, Marcellus?" Elijah's cool voice echoed. The chaos leveled into chattering as the noble vampire descended the stairs, looking at the blood on the floors. "Oh, hello, Amelia."

"Who un-daggered you?" Marcel questioned.

"I will not answer," he said, holding a finger to him. "You cannot be condoning in this foolery."

"This place is mine!" Klaus justified. "I built it!"

"And you never came back," Marcel refuted.

"And if I killed you right now? Would it be mine?" Amelia questioned.

"Please, do not enter this. It doesn't concern you," Klaus said in the nicest way possible. "Marcel, we can end this right now only if we come together and rule."

Marcel looked around at his dead vampires then at Rebekah, his love, and at Elijah and the hybrid whose hand was out. He pursed his lips, not wanting more people to die, and shook his hand.

A sly smirk bestowed on his face and he beamed at Amelia when saying, "I'm only doing it so your child can grow up in a good home."

Klaus drew his hand away and faced Amelia, his lips agape, unable to speak as she stared at him confusedly. Marcel and his vampires disappeared, leaving the Originals in the courtyard.

"You don't have to explain yourself," Rebekah stated, taking a step forward.

"Don't you dare speak to me," Klaus snapped at her and she halted in her footsteps. "Get out."

"Nik."

"Niklaus," Elijah dragged.

"Get out!" he shouted and she vamped out on his last breath. "And for you, Amelia, you cannot show up here after leaving me. You have your side pieces and I may have some of my own; that's what keeps us apart. It will stay like that... always and forever."

He clenched and unclenched his jaw before stomping away and up the stairs. Amelia finally gasped when the door slammed and her eyes glazed, looking at Elijah.

"I must tell you everything," he said, leading her to a chair. He unbuttoned his suit and sat on the edge where he took a breath and relayed everything that happened over the past year since they moved to New Orleans.

"Her grandmother, a witch; her father, a hybrid; her mother... a werewolf," Amelia said, her voice quacking as if she was about to cry. "For all my time existing in this world, I've spent my time looking at all supernatural things and spells because I cannot cast them. Never have I once heard of this... this..."

"Ever since she was still in her mother's womb, she's been hunted. And now that she's young and alive, who knows what else."

Amelia got up from her seat and he did too. "Uhm, I-I have to return to Mystic Falls, Caroline must've turned someone at her new college."

"When a child leaves their parent for college, that's a sign of letting them venture out to independence," Elijah called as he watched her begin to leave.

"I will be leaving now."

"Stay," he said, spawning in front of her. "He needs you."

"Rebekah has said he's moved on. Why would he need me? He has an entire family now."

"Oh Amelia," he sighed. "They're not in love. They just share a child."

She looked at him intently and scoffed, "You're in love with her. How rare."

"Do not assume things."

"What kind of triangle is this?" she questioned. His lips parted to speak but he didn't say anything. "Fine. I'll stay, but you won't be seeing me much."