¹⁴ marbles

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

[korean, english]

⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀IT FELT LIKE it had only been minutes since Michelle's shift had ended and she went back to sleep before she was woken up again. But instead of the usual classical music, it was an alarm. Michelle's eyes shot open and she quickly sat up, looking around the room to see what was going on. She was rapidly patting Jiyeong's leg since the girl was somehow still asleep.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Players, please make your way to the center of the room."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Guards rushed into the room with their guns pointed at the players. They spread out to check each group. Saebyeok grabbed Michelle's hand and pulled her off of the ground.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Go." The guard instructed. Most of the team followed instructions on the first go except for Gihun and the old man who stayed behind.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What the hell is going on?" Michelle questioned as all the players began to line up in the middle of the room. The guards walked down the lines, eyeing each player carefully. "Somebody must've tried to escape."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"You think so?" Jiyeong asked.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Had to." Michelle nodded. "Why else would they have woken us up like this?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Attention, the fourth game is about to begin. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ The players were led to the pastel colored stairway. Immediately upon climbing the first flight, they all looked up and saw five dead bodies hanging by a noose. Four guards and one player. Gasps we're heard amongst the players. Michelle's eyes widened as Jiyeong nudged her rib with her elbow, leaning in closer.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Maybe you were right." She whispered.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"What you see in front of you are the remains of those who broke the rules for their own benefit. This tainted the pure and fair ideology this place was built on. In this building, each and everyone of you are considered equal. You must be given the same opportunities without an extra advantage or facing any kind of discrimination. We truly apologize for this horrific incident and promise that it will not happen again."

↢ ❦ ↣

"Players, welcome to the fourth game. For this game, you will be playing in teams of two. Please look around and find someone you wish to play with. When two people agree to play together, shake hands to show you have become partners. Allow me to repeat the instructions."