⁴ goodbye for now

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

[korean, english]

⠀⠀⠀⠀AFTER THE GAME was over, the guards led the remaining survivors back to the room they woke up in. Everyone was scattered around, keeping to themselves after such a horrific event. Michelle laid in her bunk bed, staring up at the ceiling as she waited for something– literally anything to happen. She took the time to think about ways to get out of this place but none of her plans would've worked. First was jumping the guards but they were down over two hundred people and all of the guards had guns. Plus she didn't know where they were, no one had any of their belongings, and she didn't know how to drive. Shit, she'd figure it out if she managed to get her hands on some car keys.

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Her thoughts were interrupted by the door sliding open. The guards stepped into the room, gaining everyone's attention. Michelle sat up while everyone else stood to their feet, backing away in fear. Everyone was terrified of what was to come.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Congratulations! You have made it through the first game." The main guard announced with a tone of glee. Michelle scoffed at the fact that they were still calling it a game when over half of them died. "I will now reveal the results of the game."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ The lights dimmed slightly and everyone looked up at the screen. The number that previously read 456 had decreased to 201.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Out of 456 players, 255 have been eliminated and 201 remain."

⠀⠀⠀⠀ Gasps and hushed whispers replaced the sound of silence. What did they do to deserve this? Suddenly a sobbing woman with wild curly hair gets down on her knees. Michelle squinted her eyes to read the numbers '212' on her back. She could barely see a thing because her bed was far from the crowd and she didn't bring her contacts.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Sir, please forgive me! I promise I'll pay off all of my debts! I swear!" She begged, rubbing her hands together. "I have a child! Oh, so young. I need to register and name my baby. Please let me go."

⠀⠀⠀⠀"How did they allow her to leave the hospital without naming or registering her baby?" Michelle mumbled to herself, furrowing her eyebrows. She didn't know a thing about childbirth and how the healthcare system in South Korea works around it. Doesn't matter though! No babies for her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀ More people followed in the lady's footsteps and got down on their hands and knees to beg to be let free, making Michelle roll her eyes. These people had to be stupid if they really thought that begging was the way those sick fucks were going to let them go.