35

Move in day was going very wrong

Move in day was going very wrong. Juno was stressed which was stressing out Clay which was stressing out George which stressed out Sapnap. Which of course only made things worse, no one works well when they are stressed.

The day started with George accidentally dropping a box which just so happened to contain all of Juno's plates and bowls. They weren't anything particularly special but it still soured Juno for the day. The event shouldn't have affected the girl as much as it did, it wasn't like the Dream Team house didn't have plates or bowls.

Those were the first set of things Juno had bought for herself though. When she first moved out and into her apartment she had bought this pack of bright pink plates and bowls. It was something that was her's. Solely hers. It wasn't Aphrodite's or her mom's. It was simply her set of plates and bowls that she bought and chose for herself that she didn't have to share with anyone.

Shattering those sets sent her into somewhat of a spiral. Would living in a house be like home again? She knew that Clay had promised her a space of her own but was there a chance that space would be invaded? Her space was never her own at home, there was never any privacy. She was scared to go back to that.

When those plates shattered it was like to Juno that the first thing she bought for herself to symbolise her freedom, her privacy and her independence no longer had any meaning. She sent herself into a spiral because with the shattering of those plates what if it meant that her privacy, freedom and independence was slipping away from her.

"Juno, love, are you alright? It's only plates. If those were important I promise I will buy you the exact same ones." Clay said softly to the girl.

It was only then that Juno realised she was crying. The girl was quick to wipe her eyes. This was stupid to be crying over, plates did not mean that much in the grand scheme of things.

"Juno? I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't mean to!" George rushed out upon seeing the crying girl.

She only had the strength to laugh at that moment and sit on the curb behind her. It was so stupid but here she was crying. She knew these boys did not mean any harm and they did not mean to let her spiral into a hole of over thinking but here she was. These boys wanted the best for her, she knew that yet it was so hard to get yourself out of a bad mindset sometimes.

"I promise I'm fine you guys. I think it's just an emotional day. I just need to ground myself, my thoughts are all over the place" Juno tried to calm their concerns.

"You don't need to play it off, you know? You can talk to us" Sapnap chimed in as he hopped off the moving van they had rented.

Juno sighed. It wasn't that she didn't feel comfortable talking to them, it was just that she was scared to disclose some of that trauma she kept from the years of her youth. She hadn't even fully told Sapnap and George a lot about her family, let alone the lasting trauma.