32

It had been three months since Aphrodite doxxed Juno

It had been three months since Aphrodite doxxed Juno. Things had gone well for both Clay and Juno after the twitter statement they put out. Juno had been put down by Aphrodite her whole life, she was always a burden to her parents.

Juno felt like the second choice that always got left behind at some point. If she was to relate herself to a Greek character she would pick Ariadnê.

Ariadnê comes from a story of Theseus when he goes to Crete. The people there wanted him to slay the Minotaur which lived near their city so they would no longer have to sacrifice anyone to it anymore. For many generations they had stopped the Minotaur from attacking the city by sacrificing a few people each year.

The king of this land was named Minos. Minos' daughter, Ariadnê, quickly fell in love with Theseus and desperately did not want him to die fighting the Minotaur. Ariadnê makes him promise he will marry her and in return she will give him her help in slaying the Minotaur.

Daedalus (a man in town) tells Ariadnê the idea on how to kill the Minotaur. Ariadnê, after the promise of marriage, tells Theseus. Using a ball of thread that Ariadnê gave him, Theseus kills the Minotaur. Her family is happy to see Ariadnê married after Theseus kills the Minotaur. He sails away with Ariadnê but quickly ditches her on an island (Naxos).

Juno felt a deep connection to Ariadnê in this sense. The girl fell in love and to prevent him from dying had him promise to marry her in return for her help. Juno felt like she was clawing at the wall to prevent people from leaving her as well, she wanted to cling on as close as possible.

Ariadnê though, much like Juno, was abandoned by the very man who she loved and gave her help to. The only thing Ariadnê could give him was help in the situation but he used it and left her as soon as he had taken what he needed.

There was a part of Juno that was terrified that would be the case for her forever. Clay had convinced her otherwise but of course there were always those moments.

Moments when Juno would convince herself that maybe the eventual abandonment was coming. Maybe her helpfulness would run out and Clay would end up abandoning her on an island. It was the lingering effect that Aphrodite and her family had left on her.

On days where Juno felt her connection to Ariadnê shining through she tried her hardest not to bottle up her feelings. Not communicating had only caused her troubles and so she really did do her best to communicate, especially with Clay.

Something about today was different though. Juno had woken up from a dream that was honestly more like a nightmare. She shot out of bed only to find the space beside her empty. Clay was always still in bed with her when she woke up? They very rarely left the bed while the other was still asleep.

Upon checking the time Juno realised it wasn't even that late into the day. It was only 10:00am. Maybe Clay had a recording this morning he forgot to mention? There were probably a plethora of reasons that Clay had gotten out of bed early that morning. None of which Juno could process.