04

The morning of the Starbucks date was there. After spending the majority of the night tossing and turning out of excitement Juno was trying her best to pick an outfit. Settling on a white dress before she was late she ran out the door towards her car.

The drive was fast, she was 15 minutes early and pulling into the parking lot, excited but full of nerves. Juno wanted today to go well, they really liked this boy and wanted him to feel the same. The overthinking very quickly set in.

Juno really tried to brush off the anxiety, looking in her rearview to make sure she still looked good before heading in. God this man really had a grip on her heart.

Dream was equally as nervous however. Their meeting had been in no way conventional but he found himself very drawn to her. Everything about the girl made him smile, he was excited to get to know her better.

He had already taken a seat inside, head snapping towards the door every time it would chime. He had shown up 20 minutes early, afraid of being late to their set time. This time when he heard the chime sound he was met with the beautiful brunette.

Exchanging smiles she walked over to his table. "Hi Clay." She said softly.

"Hi Juno. Should we go get our drinks before we sit down?"

"That sounds good."

The pair did not feel as comfortable as at the wedding, they would need to get into the swing of things for that. Clay was quick to pay for both drinks despite Juno's protests, he was also quick to memorise her order for future use: Venti Iced Chai with light ice and oat milk.

Picking a table in the corner the pair would end up spending the next 5 hours chatting and getting to know each other. Clay wanted to know everything about her and she felt the same. They felt pulled closer to the other with every new fact they had found out.

Juno discovered that Clay and Nick as well as their friend George had a following on social media for their minecraft content. She didn't want to pry into this subject but she found it quite interesting, she was glad he could do something he loved.

Clay also told her about his friends, his family and his favourite movies, shows, games, foods, colours, everything. Juno wanted to know as many of these small favourites and details as she could, she wanted to memorise them, keeping the information for later.

Juno told Clay about her business, taking business classes, her namesake and all her favourites. Clay was also making mental notes of all these things, he knew that one day it would come to use for him and he was excited for that.

Both were enamoured with the other. They wanted to explore a relationship, see where it goes. Clay didn't press into the girl's family life and she didn't press into his life on social media. Both were trying their hardest not to cross any lines, wanting to see where this could go.

"Juno I know you asked about instagram but I wanted to let you know that I have quite the following, like I said earlier. I just think that it would be good for us if we exchanged discords or kept texting instead. I don't want some crazy fans getting in between where this relationship could go."

Well that was forward, Juno was glad to hear he also thought this relationship could go somewhere, she was also nervous to hear he had such a large following that this would be a concern. The juxtaposition of being excited and scared that he wanted to delve into this topic was something that frightened the girl, she did not think she would want any part of such a large platform if that was the case.

"I totally get the messaging thing, you'll have to show me how to use discord! I'm glad you bright it up though, I actually was a bit worried. I feel quite anxious over the idea of having any part of such a large platform come my way so I am glad we seem to be on the same page there."

Clay was incredibly relieved to hear this, he knew Juno would be interested in what he did but wasn't just there to gain something from him, a fear he had in the past with other budding relationships. He wanted to keep her included but separate from his life online. He wanted his friends to know her but not his fans. He wanted her to watch his content and see him doing what he loved but not actually be subjected to the negatives that came with creating content.

The couple was glad to have found a quick and easy middle ground on this topic. They talked a little bit more on it before swiftly moving topics. It was only after 5 hours of chatting and getting to know each other they had finally realised just how late it had gotten.

"Oh gosh! I should really head home, I have to meet with a bride in the morning! I'm sorry for keeping you this long!" Juno seemed apologetic but Clay thought that could not be further from how he felt. She hadn't kept him from anything, he could have continued to chat with her for much longer had they not realised the time. He wanted her to know just that.

"Oh please, I could have continued this for a while longer had we not realised the time. If it's not too forward I would love to see you again."

Juno could have swooned then and there but kept herself calm on the outside. "I would really like that Clay."

The pair left their first date with a soft hug and plans to meet up again soon, both were excited for what the future held for them.

***

Instagram

juno.talisman

liked by ClaireHM, Cam.Hughes and others

Hughes and others

juno.talisman good vibes only today :)

comments...

ClaireHM yay! Off to text the family group chat about this...

>juno.talisman get off your phone, your on your honeymoon

Cam.Hughes I love that poster! So good!

>juno.talisman Thank you!!

Aphrodite_T unblock mom and dad's numbers.

comment deleted

User1 did you see my email? Sent over some wedding pics a few days ago!

>juno.talisman I did! Just haven't had a chance to respond yet, they look fantastic!

User2 @user3 this is the wedding planner I was talking about!

view more comments...