29

When Anne-Marie Talisman found out she was pregnant at the young age of 22 she was overjoyed

When Anne-Marie Talisman found out she was pregnant at the young age of 22 she was overjoyed. Her and Joseph Talisman had gotten married only a few months prior and Joseph had been praying for a beautiful baby girl.

It had been their dream to have two kids, a beautiful baby girl and boy. One of each.

Anne-Marie had wanted a boy, Joseph had wanted a girl. When Aphrodite was born Anne-Marie was still happy, she was their little girl. Now all that they needed was a darling baby boy to spoil.

Although that obviously hadn't been the case.

Juno was born a girl. Juno had also been the last child Anne-Marie could have due to the complications that came with her birth. The emotions that came with Juno not being a boy on top of taking away Anne-Marie's chance to have one biologically showed themselves in the form of resentment. For her entire life Juno was resented for simply existing.

It was on Juno's tenth birthday that she found out about all of this. Her and her mother had just gotten into a fight because Aphrodite had made her cancel her birthday party because she was not impressed with Juno's choice of cake, food or presents list.

Instead Aphrodite had demanded to re-do all of it. Aphrodite picked the cake, dinner and made her parents take her shopping for new presents.

This was explained to Juno by saying that her parents did not want to upset Aphrodite, she was more sensitive. They wanted to make sure she didn't feel left out. It was never addressed that their behaviour made Juno feel left out.

That night Juno found out about her mothers thoughts on her was very clear in her mind, and it ended in tears. Juno crying over how unloved she felt and Anne-Marie crying because she was finally expressing just how much she disliked her daughter.

It changed the way they communicated, now Juno was much less forthcoming with her feelings. She no longer felt the want to talk to her mom about her day or even ask her mom about simple things like a field trip. Juno knew from that moment on that she was unwanted.

It was hard to see Aphrodite get everything she had ever wanted. She began to grow to hate herself at times because she knew that all that love and affection could be hers if she was simply a boy.

Families sucked. Anne-Marie was grateful her daughter was less needy after their conversation, Juno was simply trying to stay out of the way. Juno was not the pretty older sister or a charming young man. No Juno was an unruly young girl who was given less love than her sister.

All this love Anne-Marie had for Aphrodite didn't have to mean that Juno deserved less love but that's what seemed to happen anyways.

This is why when the mother came up the stairs to see her daughter crying on the steps she felt angrier than she ever had before. Juno had always understood her place, but now she had obviously done something to make her daughter cry.

Aphrodite deserved the world in Anne-Marie's opinion. She couldn't care less that she had two daughters, all that mattered was Aphrodite. And when the door slowly opened she was quick to start the yelling, not even bothering to stop and check on her crying daughter. She just wanted justice.

"What the fuck did you do to my daughter" She demanded.

This caused Juno to start laughing. Laughing! Anne-Marie was completely shocked at that. In what world would her crying daughter be funny?

"Why are you laughing? You obviously hurt my daughter. I will not sit here and allow you to abuse her."

"Abuse her?" It was Juno's turn to be shocked.

Anne-Marie only nodded. She wanted answers. She wanted to know why these two people thought they were able to hurt her.

"You seem to forget yourself. You seem to forget all the abuse you've put me through. I am also your daughter, yet that has never mattered has it? And to be clear, your daughter is crying because she didn't get her way for once in her life." Juno was fuming.

She played it off well though. Even though she was fuming deep down there was a certain humour to this whole thing. Anne-Marie seemed to forget that her mother had TWO daughters.

The comment from Juno seemed to send Anne-Marie into a spiral. She quickly turned to face Clay.

"So you rejected my daughter then? You are insane. Let me make one thing clear, we will not be leaving until you and my daughter are a couple. This is ending now. Stop fucking around."

Clay and Juno shared a look at this, laughing softly once again.

"Good thing he is dating your daughter! Problem solved. Now me and Clay were in the middle of an awesome makeout season when you got here so we are going to get back to that. Consider this me officially cutting you out of my life." Juno said before slamming the door.

The couple inside was met with knocking again, Anne-Marie going on about how she meant Aphrodite, not Juno.

It didn't matter. They had nothing to say to Juno's family anymore. Clay had only then remembered his sister and brother-in-law downstairs.

"Can I tell Claire and Mark to go home and stay here tonight?"

"Of course"

And so he did.

And so the couple went back to what they were doing, whispering sweet nothings to each other in the bedroom all night. It was enough to cover up anything that was happening outside of the door.

***

Instagram

Aphrodite_T

Liked by AnneMarieTalisman, User1, and others

Aphrodite_T why is the world against me

Comments...

User1 I'm not against you!

User2 bestie this photo is stunning

User3 I'm so glad someone told the world what a horrible person Dream is

User4 aphrodite >>>>>>

view more comments...

AN: i'm literally number one on the quackity tag right now???? dying.