13

The week quickly came and went, it was Friday afternoon when Clay texted Juno to remind her that he and Sapnap would be there to pick her up in around 2 hours

The week quickly came and went, it was Friday afternoon when Clay texted Juno to remind her that he and Sapnap would be there to pick her up in around 2 hours. This spurred Juno into making a complete mess of her closet.

She had met all of Clay's family before, hell, she was friends with most of his immediate family! Yet she was so nervous for this dinner, it was the first family dinner of his she was attending as his girlfriend. She threw on half of her closet before settling on an outfit that she liked.

When Dream and Sapnap picked her up she was met with a swift kiss from Dream and a new bouquet of flowers to put out, which she made sure to put away before they left for Dream's family home.

"You guys are already gross and you haven't even been together that long" Sapnap said to the couple as Clay opened the car door for Juno.

Clay only scoffed while Juno laughed. She was glad she got along well with Dream's friends, she didn't know how well this relationship would go if she didn't. There was not much time to think on this however as the trio was quickly ushered inside by Dream's mom.

"Juno! So glad you're here!"

"Thank you for extending the invite Susan!"

Juno had always felt welcomed by Clay's family, far more so than with her own family. This is why it was such a surprise to her that she was immediately questioned by Clay's father when she sat down.

"So Juno. What are your intentions with my son?"

She choked on her drink, her intentions? This is such a weird question. It was said in a way that made the girl think he was expecting her to come out and say her intentions were to take all his money and go. Plus he already knew her? What was with the weird question not even a minute into dinner?

"Dad!" Clay spoke at the said time Juno asked "Intentions?"

Ignoring his son, the man was quick to push on.

"Well he's a big shot youtuber now. You didn't know that when you met him, so it's not wrong of me to think that you may have found out and seduced him or something."

"Seduced!" Clay sounded upset.

"Seduced?" Juno was simply confused and repeated the man again.

Everyone at the table seemed uncomfortable. Cameron wouldn't make eye contact with anyone, Claire and Mark were heatedly whispering between each other and Susan was glaring daggers at her husband. Nick looked so lost and was looking to Clay for what to do here. Only Clay's grandparents seemed to be nodding in agreement with their son's questioning.

Juno felt confused. Is that what Clay's family thought? From their reactions it seemed like only his father and grandparents may have thought this but that was still three people too many. She truly liked Clay, money had nothing to do with it.

In fact Juno often secretly wished that he didn't have the money and fame he did. If he didn't then they would be much more free to go out for dates and such without having to worry about his face getting revealed, her getting harassed or the anxiety that came with being a public figure.

She would never voice that though, she loved that Clay was following his passion. He was fantastic at what he did and she couldn't have wished for it to go better than it was for him. Yet this idea of taking advantage of it? That floored the girl.

"Don't get upset Clay, we only want what's best for you." That seemed to set him off.

"What's best for me? Seriously? Accusing my girlfriend of being a gold digger and driving her off before you even get to know her as my girlfriend is what's best for me? God lord. Someone change the topic."

Claire was quick to do so, starting a conversation about what she and Mark had been gifted from guests at their wedding a few weeks ago. She was quick to stop any attempt to bring Juno and Clay's relationship back up.

Clay reached under the table to take Juno's hand and leaned over to whisper in her ear.

"Are you okay darling? You know I don't believe any of that right?"

Juno did not have the courage to speak at that moment. She did not want to create any more upset and so she only nodded in response. Dinner had been spoiled for her.

She was not a gold digger. She liked Clay, she really did. Yet if his dad and grandparents thought so low of her then she had to question how long this would last, despite how much his mother and sisters loved her.

The rest of the dinner went fine but Juno hadn't realised just how affected she was until she was back in Nick's car. Clay was quick to slip into the backseat beside her.

"Come home with me and Nick tonight? I have a change of clothes for you at mine."

"I'm not sure Clay..."

"Please?"

"Okay... But you have to promise to take me home in the morning."

"Of course, pinky swear."

This made the couple laugh. Although Juno felt bad, she had been reluctant at first to agree. It was so stupid that she was letting his father's words get to her. Her intentions with Clay were good, so why was this so hard?

It didn't matter. She had bigger problems to worry about, namely family dinner at her house tomorrow. If the only issue with tonight was Clay's father then that would be nothing compared to her own family dinner the next day.

Juno could only pray for it to not be a complete shit show.