28

When Juno and Clay opened the door to an angry looking Aphrodite neither really knew what to do

When Juno and Clay opened the door to an angry looking Aphrodite neither really knew what to do. They had only just finished a highly emotional moment, they didn't know if they should be mad she interrupted their makeup kiss or if they should be worried she was there at all.

"What the fuck Clay. Why did you come here?" Aphrodite demanded.

The couple shared a confused look. Did she think that he would run into her arms after doxxing his girlfriend? It was insane to think that someone could actually believe that.

"To my girlfriend's house?" He questioned back.

"GIRLFRIEND?" Aphrodite blew up. "WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BREAK YOU TWO UP?" She raged at the couple.

The couple once again shared a confused look. Was this seriously her way of trying to break the two up to get with Clay? If anything this drove them closer together.

"Aphrodite--" Clay was quickly cut off by Juno.

She had spent far too long silently taking the abuse of her sister. If Aphrodite would end up like anyone in this life it would be Tantalus of Greek mythology.

Tantalus was a favoured son of the god Zeus and the nymph Pluto. Tantalus would be given Sipylus to rule over, and would father three children, Niobe, Broteas and Pelops. He did not recognise his own good fortune and so the king decided to test the gods by serving up his own son Pelops as the main course at a banquet to which all the gods were invited.

Demeter, who was totally not fully present as her daughter had recently gone back to be with Hades for the winter months, was the only deity to partake of the meal. All the other gods and goddesses recognised the meal for what it was.

In the myth Pelops would be brought back to life, but Tantalus would face eternal punishment in the Tartarus, where the former king would be "tantalised" by food and drink which was always just out of reach. The stain of Tantalus' crime though was said to have left a curse on the descendants of the king.

Juno thought this story fit Aphrodite very well. The older girl did not know how good she had it, she was greedy and wanted more. She wanted to test those around her and make sure they were completely committed to her.

It seemed that Aphrodite had met her match when Clay came around. There was now one person who was not going to bow to her every whim, give her everything she wanted.

That was why it felt like it was time for Juno to stand up for herself. There was no possible way that she could let herself be walked all over like usual, she had to stand up for herself.

Clay showed her that she didn't have to sit there and take it. She had to stand up for herself.

"You know what, no. We are not going to be kind about this. You are a manipulative bitch and while it sucks that you can't be happy for me that I found someone that I love I will continue to be happy and love him without you. You have spent far too long trying to ruin every good part of my life. Fuck you." And with that Juno slammed the door in her face.

Juno was breathing heavier than usual when the door slammed. She had never stood up for herself like that. It was exhilarating but also the scariest thing she had ever done.

When she looked up Clay was staring at her with wide eyes and a small smile.

"What?" she asked.

"Do you really love me?" He whispered.

"Fuck."

Had she really just blurted out that she loved him? That was so stupid. God how did she manage that. They had only been together for just over three months and yet here she was completely and totally in love with a boy.

Maybe she lied, maybe this was the scariest thing she had ever done. Telling a boy she loved him? Completely and utterly Terrifying. Without warning and out of anger towards her sister nonetheless!

"Say it again," Clay paused. "If you meant it that is."

"I love you." Juno braved.

She didn't know where the sudden bravery came from but god if it was already out in the open then she sure as hell wasn't going to hide it. She loved him. As scary as that was.

"I love you too," he said back.

This caused the girl to perk up. Maybe her confession was not so scary, seeing as it seemed to be requited. She was quick to move to throw her arms around him. She was also fast to wrap his arms around her.

He moved a hand to cup her jaw and pull it in front of his own face. Clay stared at her with the most loving look she had ever received. It made her want to shrink into a little ball yet also start bouncing around the walls out of pure joy.

She thought that their love could resemble that of Orpheus and Eurydicê, without the whole dying part hopefully. Just that they were so in love with each other that Orpheus risked going to the underworld to get Eurydicê back.

Juno's thinking was cut off when Clay pulled her in for an incredibly passionate kiss. It wasn't as soft as she might have expected for a post love confession makeout session.

Neither really wanted to slow down for the sensuality that action would bring. Both were thoroughly enjoying the intense, passionate kiss.

It was Clay we pulled away first, if only to catch his breath. He whispered for Juno to jump, allowing her to wrap her legs around his waist before rejoining their lips.

Clay moved over to the counter before placing Juno there. He was quick to press into her as soon as she sat down, deepening their kiss.

The couple very clearly intended on taking this to the bedroom but were once again interrupted by a knock. Groaning Clay pulled off.

"If that's your sister again tell her that I am trying to have sex with my very beautiful girlfriend and to leave us alone." Clay said.

"Yeah, sure. That exact phrasing too." Juno joked back as she made her way to answer the door.

Glancing through the peephole she saw a clear view of her mother.

"Fuck. It's my mom."

"Oh god." Clay sighed.

"Well, let's get this over with." Juno mused before slowly opening the door.

AN: New book just posted! It's a Georgenotfound slowburn friends to lovers, go give it a read!