f o r t y - t h r e e : [ strike the tent ]

"I love you, Andrés

"I love you, Andrés. But I'd be lying if I tell you that after seeing and talking to Owen, doesn't bring back old feelings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past minute felt nothing but a blur to Dubai. Once Gandia fired a bullet, her heart skipped a beat as it didn't hit her like she suspected to occur. The whole gang screamed in pain as they watch Nairobi's body fall to the ground. Denver ran and chased after Gandia.

Dubai turned around and her heart broke into a million pieces as her eyes fell onto Nairobi, a bullet pierced right through her forehead. She fell to her knees beside Nairobi.

The person who she's treated and loved as a sister, gone just like that. Within a blink of an eye, and she was gone. And once again, Dubai blamed herself for not being able to save another person she cared loved and cared about.

"NOOO!" Dubai let out a heartbreaking cry.

The tears and the pain didn't stop. Dubai didn't care about the physical pain she was enduring, despite her bruised ribs and slight internal bleeding. All she felt was the stabbing pain in her chest as she held onto Nairobi's lifeless hand.

Berlin eyes softened as he hated seeing Dubai like this. He knew how much this would take a huge toll on her. If anything, he wished that he was able to take Dubai's pain away for her. Just as he was about to make his way over to Dubai, Owen had beaten him to it.

Owen wrapped an arm around Dubai in comfort. Berlin looked away as he simply made his way to comfort Palermo.

Dubai didn't budge as Owen hugged her.

"Carina, we have to check and treat your wounds," Owen said softly.

Dubai shook her head. "I'm fine."

"You're not," said Owen.

Owen tried picking Dubai up but Dubai pushed him off of her.

"I can't leave her! I already failed her! I can't leave her too!"

The team watched the heartbreaking scene of Dubai's breakdown as she refused to let go of Nairobi's hand.

"Please Carina, do it for Nairobi. She wouldn't want to see you this way," pleaded Owen.

With that, Dubai's grip on Nairobi loosened. Owen gently scooped Dubai up from the ground and carried her.

Berlin's gaze fell to the floor. As much as he hated to admit it but seeing Owen being there for Dubai felt painful to him. That was his job, and all of a sudden it felt like it was slowly getting ripped away from him.