t w e n t y : [ first meet ]

"Mijo, is this your new lady? Did you finally leave that bruja that you married?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

[October 2004]

Carina chugged a bottle of tequila with one hand while using her other hand to unsteadily steer the wheels to her Ferarri F430. She chuckled as she spotted a bunch of police cars chasing after her.

Carina had just finished a successful solo robbery at one of Spain's most known sophisticated auction event. She had managed to steal one of the world's most rare diamond, the Moussaieff Red Diamond. The only diamond that she's had her eye on. During those times, it was estimated to be auctioned for over $20 million Euros. On top of that, Carina had stolen a bag half filled with bars of gold.

"Carina, what the hell are you doing?!" Carina heard her brother, Alejandro, from her bluetooth earpiece.

Carina placed the bottle of tequila down as she answered him. "I went shopping."

"You went into a heist by yourself intoxicated, again. Now you're minutes away from getting caught," Alejandro scolded his older sister.

Carina chuckled, "It's like you have no faith in your dear sister. I never get caught."

Alejandro rolled his eyes. He rushed out of his hideout and hopped inside his black Ford GT. Ever since Dubai had lost Owen, Alejandro had gotten used to his sister's absurd actions.

"I had faith in you when you were sane and sober which you haven't been for over 2 years. Not when you're drunk from tequila and high on ecstasy," mumbled Alejandro.

"Calm down, fratellino (little brother). I'm barely tipsy. Plus, intoxicated or not, I am the fucking Fantasma Rossa!" slurred Carina.

Carina continued to swerve past the vehicles ahead of her, taking off her earpiece and throwing it outside. She took one last swig of the tequila and popped some pills before putting her Fantasma Rossa mask on and turning her music all the way up.

Carina was numbed to all the pain she felt. The pain and guilt from losing her mother and her husband, along with the constant pain that her father was projecting onto her. Everyday that's all she felt. The only thing that temporarily took the pain away were the comfort she got from booze, drugs, and adrenaline.

She was in a dark place and she knew it. But she had no idea how to get herself out. No matter, how much Alejandro and her other friends tried to distract her from her pain, it just wasn't enough. Most days, Carina found herself tempted to just let it all go. To simply just give up, and stop fighting. Let death finally win.