t h i r t y - o n e : [ back again ]

"When did Rio get arrested? That's what we're here for, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dubai smiled warmly as she watched Berlin play with their children by their personally owned beach. She closed her eyes as she soaked in the sun beaming down on her already perfectly tan skinned while she listened to the beautiful music of laughters coming from her favourite human beings. Everything still felt like a dream.

It's been over 3 years ever since the couple had gotten out of the Royal Mint Heist. The couple bought a huge property at the least populated part of Chile by a beach where they built their own home and vineyard. Since then, they welcomed a son who they named Dublin Jandro de Fonollosa or better known as D.J de Fonollosa.

The cure that Dubai had spent billions funding for the Helmers Myopathy that Dr Meredith Baumann had created eventually ended up working on Berlin and Elena. Instead of injecting the drug Retroxil every few hours to maintain the symptoms like how Berlin used to. They now only have to get a small dosage shot of Dr Baumann's specialized drug once a month with less side effects to make sure their disease doesn't completely come back.

Of course, like any other couple Dubai and Berlin's relationship wasn't perfect. They butt heads where they would fight and argue. Yet, they never got tired of each other and each time they fought, it only reminded them of how much they love each other and how they wouldn't have it any other way.

Dubai was snapped back into reality when she felt a pair of strong wet arms embrace her from behind. She opened her eyes as she clung onto Berlin's arm.

After all these years, she couldn't believe that she finally got everything she's ever wanted. It seemed that after all that suffering and pain she had to endure was worth it in the end. But little did Dubai know that she was about to experience far more suffering and pain any time soon.

"What's on your mind, mi amore?" asked Berlin.

"Just grateful for how lucky I am and how everything still feels like a dream. Today's just one of those days where I feel like I'm just waiting until someone wakes me up," admitted Dubai as she leaned back on Berlin.

Despite their longest streak of not having anything terrible happening to them, Dubai could never help but be anxious that something will struck them when they least expect it. Berlin turned Dubai so that they were facing one another. He was used to Dubai's worries and he couldn't blame her, and he knew the best thing he could do was to assure her that they were going to be okay.

"It's been 3 years, Carina. No one and nothing is coming to destroy us and our family. Plus, even if it's you and I against the world, I'd still bet the odds on us," said Berlin as he placed his hand on Dubai's soft cheeks and caressing it with his thumb.