Arthur x Y/N - Saint Denis

Warning!
-Swearing
-Got lazy towards the end of the chapter so there will be a second one

Word Count - 1481

——

Arthur's POV

"Get back here you little shit!" I yell out to the boy who stole me satchel. "Keep up old man!" The kid yelled back. And I swear, once I get to that kid I'm going to strangle him! I almost yell out in annoyance and anger.

Suddenly, I'm in a small ally way that leads into a slightly bigger area. Something only these big cities have cause I sure as hell ain't seen them much else. I continue walking into the confined area until more kids come out with guns in their possession.

"And who might you be Mr?" One of the kids ask, probably their 'leader' or whatever. "That rat bag stole my stuff," I say simply yet still annoyed. The kid who's in charge slaps the kid who stole my stuff, I think his names Cleet? I dunno, but he gets slapped a few times until a young woman's voice is heard.

"What are you dumbasses doin' out here causing trouble to this fine man?" The woman says walking into the area. "Cleet stole the man's stuff so I thought-" the kid in charge says until he is interrupted by the woman. "That ain't your call to make. Now give this man he's possessions and put your goddamn guns down!" The woman yells while the other boys comply.

As the kids finally lower their guns, I'm given back my satchel and the woman turns to me. By now I can feel the blood rush up to my cheeks lightly and I take off my hat as she leads me out onto the side walk. I watch as her gorgeous, long, wavy (h/c) hair lightly floats in front of her mysterious (e/c) eyes.

Y/N's POV

"I am truly sorry for my brother's behaviours," I start facing towards the man. "They're just so.. young you know? Too bloody stupid to know anything else," I almost mumble the last part. The man who apparently ended up taking his hat off looks at me odd for a moment then speaks up. "All of 'em your brothers?" "Oh god no! Just the more mischievous ones. Cleet, Oscar, Joey, and Angus." I explain to the man while walking to a bar out of consciousness.

"Why they all uh, scared of you then?" The man continues. "'If they are then the rest of us is', one of the rascals said. Ain't remember who though."

"We ain't properly introduced," I point as we both lean up against the bar counter. "Y/N Bronte Davidson." "Arthur. Arthur Morgan." Arthur introduces as we both shake hands in a somewhat formal greeting. "So, what brings you to Saint Denis? You ain't look like you've been around these parts much."

"Is it the clothes?" Arthur jokes half pointing out that he really doesn't belong or live in these areas for the 'finer', and 'richer', men and women of society. Actually, he sort of looks like he could be an outlaw, but that's probably just me. "So where are you from?" Arthur looks at me thinking almost for a moment before answering, "Everywhere just about. Never stayed in one place for too long."

"So you've seen a lot?" I assume which the man nods his head in return. "Lucky. My home has always been in Saint Denis and a little further out but that's about it. I've seen people come and go, my life, it isn't enjoyable. Yours sounds like you get to experience thrill of a new adventure everyday." I sigh contemplating whether I really do consider myself lucky or not. I mean, I have a roof over my head, I'm fed and clothed everyday, and I have a lot more money then most. But money can't buy you happiness or love I suppose.

"You'd be surprised how right you are." Arthur nervously chuckles to himself.

"So, what brings you to this god awful city?" I question the man further except this time with a bubbly tone. "Lookin' for a man. Angelo Bronte I think his name was." He replies which had my eyes glimmer as I know how to help him. Or someone for once instead of being a lazy bitch like my father wants me to be.

"I actually know him, close 'friends' I suppose. I can show you to him if you want?" I offer the cowboy while he leads me outside of the saloon. "That would be great, thanks. But I want you to meet someone first."

"Oh?"

"He's just over... there." Arthur points to a man finely dressed up as if he were made for the city paradise with a cigar held close to his lips. "Wait, you know that fella?" I ask the man leading me to my new acquaintance. "Why? You know him?" Arthur then replies almost worried but mostly calm and confused. "Oh no. He just doesn't exactly look like the type of man that you would converse with often." I respond before we reach the jet black haired man. "Who's this?" The other gentlemen asks as he stands up from his once seated position on the bench.

"Oh, um... Y/N, Dutch, Dutch, Y/N. She reckons she can help us find Bronte." Arthur explains to the man, Dutch, quite quickly. "Is that so? Well Miss Y/N, lead the way." Dutch responds after placing his lips on the back of my hand like the gentleman he looked to be.

While leading them to my father's home, we converse for a while until we reach the park that's located only a road away from the front gate of the house. "There it is, Mr Bronte's mansion. One of 'em anyway. Well I best be getting on, I'm sure I'll see you around. Bye!" I call walking away from the two to reach the back of my father's mansion so that I'll be back in time to get changed into something more womanly.

——

Not even a few hours later, I spot my new found friends, Arthur and Dutch, walk into my house along with whom seems to be another one of their friends. So before my father calls for me, I walk out from my elegant room and make my way down the cream white spiral staircase with my navy blue dress flowing behind me only slightly. Once onto the ground floor, I make my way into the living room which is where my father and new friends would be.

"Ah, and here is my daughter! Y/N, introduce yourself to these fine men." Bronte demands of me which I respond without making a fuss. "Hello gentlemen, my name is Y/N Bronte Davidson but I often go by only Bronte. You may call me Y/N though or Signora or Signorina Bronte." I introduce myself to Arthur and Dutch again but only once to their other friend. "These men are here to retrieve their friends son. Would you go fetch him?" My father asks which I reply with a slight nod of my head.

Once back up the stairwell again, I reach the second door on the left and enter the room, finding the younger boy. "Jack, your pa is here for you." I call for the boy as he jumps at my information and practically runs down the stairs. I follow begins the little boy after grabbing the book that he began to enjoy reading.

"Jack!" The unknown man calls his sons name as he runs into his lap. "Pa! Where's mama?" The boy looks around slightly confused. "I, uh, she's-" "She's back at camp with everyone else." Dutch informs the boy for the man.

Wait, camp? Don't only gangs have that amount of people as there sounds to be in a camp? Well, that's explains Arthur and the other man's chosen attire. "Well, thank you Mr Bronte for taking care of my friends son but we should really be going." Dutch stands up as Arthur looks out the window to estimate the time. "Ah yes, of course! Of course! You are welcome back any time, yeah? And I will see you at the mayors party." Bronte states more rather then asks. "Yes, yes you will." And the all three men, and Jack take their turn heading out the door before I decide to trail behind them.

"Wait, Arthur!" I call rushing down the small steps that lead to the pathway. The said man turns around and quickly catches me as I run into his arms. "It was a pleasure to see you again. Perhaps we could converse more at the mayors party?" I question the possibly outlaw.

"I, um. Sure, why not?" Arthur then places me down gently and leaves a small kiss on the top of my head to which I giggle, bubbly at.