Float Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee Pt2

Warning!
-Swearing
-Gore
-Past Trauma
-Continuing on from last chapter

Word Count - 1825

——

The next morning arrives and just like any other day I'm the first one up except I'm up much earlier than I should. I couldn't sleep at all last night because my past trauma had hooked me again and relive everything. Most of the night I silently cried in the tent that Sadie and I were sharing or resting my head on the shore of the lake.

Arthur wakes up before anyone else and must've found me down near the water. I'm still sniffling a little but once I hear Arthur get close, I wipe my tears away and calm myself down. 'Whatcha' doin' up so early? And why down here?" He asks. I sigh a little and reply, "Couldn't get any sleep and I didn't want to disturb you guys so I came down here." Arthur nods his head a little than heads back up to the camp and starts cooking the leftover meat from last night. I decide to go back up and help him out.

When everyone has finally waken up, we all begin to eat a decent meal that should last us the whole day.

Once everyone has finished eating, we pack up camp and head back onto the trail to the last of the O'Driscoll's camp. On the way I could feel my stomach getting sore so I put my hand on it only to find that my stitches from an attack by wolves a while back were opening up. In annoyance, I groan and continue to canter on. Dutch realises there's something up so he pulls us up and turns around and asks, "Is there something wrong Miss Y/N?" "No, I'm fine," I lie then groan again as I let in a bit of air which makes my stomach move making the stitches come fully undone.

Dutch still doesn't believe me and he asks again, "Please Y/N, what's wrong?" "My stitches are coming apart again and there annoying me. So like I said, I'm fine." I reply starting to get a little pissed off at all the attention. "Why do you have stitches anyways?" Sadie adds onto the list of questions. "Wolves decided to attack me while yous' were burning down the Braithwaite's mansion and I was on my trip back from a stagecoach robbery."

"Wolves? Welcome to my world," John says jokingly which makes me laugh a little. "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Arthur also asks but I hear a little bit of worry in his voice. "Cause it ain't that big of a deal. Plus Jack was more important at the time and he still is."

"Y/N, just because you didn't get treated well when you were younger-"Dutch starts but I cut him off. "Don't you dare bring my past up," I growl at him. "You only have the main idea of what went on. Also before you ask, that's why I'm always up early because I can never get sleep and when I do, it's still about my past," I basically yell at the 4 of them. No one retorts back and we all keep riding on in silence. I do groan slightly every now and then though but no one dares ask me to stitch up my wounds as that would only push me off the edge further.

An hour or two pass and Dutch leads us off the path and into a small forest area that lead into an open area of plain fields. In the distance, we're able to spot the O'Driscoll's camp that hold the remainder of 'em. As we come to a halt, I grab out both my Schofield and Volcanic revolvers' and clean them as well as making sure I have enough bullets. Luckily I do so I don't have to embarrass myself and ask someone for bullets.

"Leave your horses here, we should go on foot from here in case the shooting begins early," Dutch orders us and we all follow his command. As I get off my horse, I groan again as the wound on my stomach begins to bleed. "You want to stitch that up or-" "No. I'll just wrap a bandage around it," I interrupt John before he could go on. John puts his hands up quickly as if I were angry at him for trying to help me and he's surrendering. While John puts his hand up, I grab a bandage from my saddle bag and wrap it around my stomach like I said I would. Once I've finished, we walk on quietly through the trees until we can properly see the whole of the O'Driscoll camp.