Chapter 22- New Powers

The vines disappeared after a while. Minus was the first to wiggle out and run over to me. Seraphina burned the vines off. Minus hugged me tightly, happy to have his friend back.

"Where do you think our parents are?" Seraphina asked.

"I can take you up." Minus smirked. He created a platform to lift us out of the dark room. I sneezed, noticing my hair was turning white rapidly. Minus boosted the platform, shooting us out of the Dream Lair. Warmth wrapped around me, making me curious about what was going on.

"I'll deal with him," Seraphina decided.

"You're not going alone," I replied.

"You're not helping either," Seraphina argued. "This is my father. He abandoned me and my mother. I'm not letting him go off without a fight."

We landed on the mattress that was the floor of the Dream Lair. I stood off to the side as Seraphina stood a few feet away from her father. Her hands were sparking with a fire, ready to ignite.

"I always wondered how much your mother suppressed my powers inside of you. Now I see it. You barely have any. You're weak, Seraphina. I could've taught you a lot if you insisted on staying with your mother," Ethan said, making me create a water spear in my hand.

"I would never choose you," Seraphina snapped. "You were a lousy father. You were never there for me or Mom. I'm glad I made the right choice. And I would never choose such a lowlife over someone so amazing."

Ethan sent a lightning bolt at Seraphina. She caught it quickly, making it into a ball. Ethan and I looked at her in disbelief. I didn't know she could do that. She smirked, her hands running over the sphere to keep the shape. "I hate to admit you are my father. And that I have your powers. But I have to, because that's what makes me more powerful than you."

The light flashed toward Ethan. Electricity met electricity. Seraphina's eyes glowed, and a flash surrounded her. Her eyes filled with tiny electricity lines running around, and blue-white lines permanently colored her red-brown hair.

"There it is," Ethan breathed in disbelief.

"Welcome to your nightmare." Seraphina smirked.

She nodded to me, and I knew what to do. I surrounded Ethan in water, an inch away from his body. Seraphina shot a small volt at the water, electrocuting the man. He fell to the ground as the water soaked the floor.

The sky cleared. The starry night sky shined, lighting up the planet beautifully. I could see the sun peaking over the horizon. My eyes glowed bright blue as I saw figures standing below.

"I think those are our friends," Seraphina said.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I questioned, inspecting her for injuries.

"I'm better than ever." Seraphina grinned. She looked at Ethan and her smile fell. She walked over to the chair and pressed the button. Her father fell through the floor, probably to the jail below.

"Minus," Max said in relief.

"Aqua." Lavagirl hugged me in relief.

"Are you two okay?" Sharkboy asked.

"Yeah." Seraphina nodded. "Dad's gone."

"So, that's it? We didn't do anything while you guys did everything?" I questioned.

"We only conquered the Plant Queen who looked like Poison Ivy." Maverick shrugged. "You guys got the ultimate boss."

"Mommy, look at me!" Cordelia squealed, lifting the water out of the soaked floor and twirling it around.

I grinned at my daughter. "I'm so proud of you!" She dropped the water onto the floor again as I scooped her up.

I changed after a few minutes. Minus stayed while the rest of us went on the rocket. Planet Drool was safe once again. The kids discovered most of their powers. And most of all, we were safe.