Chapter 18- The New Queen

The drive was long, to say the least. We drove for nine hours each day, Sharkboy and me switching who was driving at each stop. Thankfully, Cordelia knew how to keep herself busy with her tablet or with her DVD player.

When we finally got into our hometown, Sharkboy was almost dead-tired. We stopped at a small hotel and stayed there for the night. At least we were five minutes from the school and ten minutes from Max and Marissa's house.

Cordelia woke me up early the next morning by crawling on top of me and laying there. I smiled, stroking her hair. Sharkboy was still fast asleep next to me. Cordelia laid her chin on my chest.

"Can we do something? I'm bored," Cordelia whispered.

"Yeah. I have an idea," I whispered back.

She got off of me and we got dressed quietly. I was careful not to wake my husband. We snuck out of the hotel room, leaving Sharkboy a note that we were going out. A silently shut the door, hoping not to alarm his sensitive ears.

"Where are we going, Momma?" Cordelia asked.

"An old place I'm very fond of," I said.

I used my speed to get us halfway there, and we walked the rest with ease. Cordelia marveled at the rising sun above the ocean's horizon. She looked at it with such awe that I giggled.

I whistled out to the ocean. Cordelia tried to copy me, but failed. She giggled at herself, making me smile. "Watch this." I took a step into the tide and I transformed into my costume. I smiled and took off my crown, admiring it.

"(Y/n)?" Eddbat questioned in disbelief.

"Hello, old friend," I said, smiling.

Goodmilk, Crackett, and Peggy appeared. They let me pet their head, letting them know they could trust me. I didn't understand some instincts of creatures, but I could only do what they want me to do so they could trust me.

"Who's this?" Peggy asked.

"I'm Cordelia. I can understand you," Cordelia explained, clearly confused.

"She's my daughter," I added, clearing the confusion.

"I remember. Sharkboy told us before," Goodmilk realized. "When you were pregnant."

"Nice to meet you," Cordelia said politely.

"Nice to meet you, Cordelia," Crackett replied.

"She's shown signs of her powers, I assume?" Goodmilk assumed.

I nodded in confirmation. "Cor, why don't you step into the water?"

Cordelia took a step in the water, giggling. I noticed the ends of her hair change from (h/c) to blue. The same color as my hair crept up to half of her hair. She looked at me with blue eyes, different from his brown eyes.

"I'm like you, Mommy!" Cordelia exclaimed.

"You're like me, sweetie," I said, picking her up with a laugh.

"Told you."

I jumped as I turned with Cordelia in my hands. Sharkboy turned into his shark side, stepping into the water. I set Cordelia down and Sharkboy picked me up, using his strength. Cordelia splashed in the water as Sharkboy set me down. Sharkboy sat in the water, smiling at his friends.

"What are you three doing here?" Eddbat asked.

"We're here to visit Max and Marissa," Sharkboy admitted.

"They're not far from here," Peggy said.

"We should go now," Cordelia stated.

I looked at Sharkboy. "You heard the girl. Let's go. Bye, friends!"

"Bye."