Chapter 13- Dreaming

"Hey, there you are," I said, letting wet footprints mark the platform.

"Aqua!" Max said, hugging me in relief.

"Only I get to call her that," Sharkboy grumbled. "She's a light. She's the most beautiful person on this planet." He motioned to Lavagirl and then to me, making me blush. "Real news is what I am."

"Annoying?" Lavagirl guessed.

"Really annoying?" I added.

"King of the Sharks," Sharkboy deadpanned. "You, of all people, Aqua."

"You've known I would do that for the past three or four years," I said.

"Everything will return to being the way it was. You will be able to travel to Earth and back again as you wish. You can search for your father, you can rule the ocean, and you can rule Earth's lava world," Minus explained, making us grin.

"And what am I to do? Now that you're all buddy-buddy?" Mr. Electric asked.

"Come here," I coaxed the shark on his leg.

It recognized me and got off of Mr. Electric. Sharkboy smiled at me as I created a bubble of water around it so it could breathe. I sent it back to the ocean, letting it swim in peace.

"Okay, but that was my job," Sharkboy pointed out.

"Okay, and?" I retorted.

"Mr. Electric can go back to being the good electrician of the planet," Minus continued.

Mr. Electric laughed. "Oh, really? Plugging in power cords? Keeping this loud, obnoxious world a happy place? You're dreaming."

"I dreamed you up, then I can undream you," Max threatened.

"You think you can just snap your eyes open and make me vanish? That's so easy. I am the danger of dreaming. For every person who dreams up the electric lightbulb, there's the one who dreams up the atom bomb. This is one dream you won't be waking up from. I'm going to put an end to this ridiculous tension at its source," Mr. Electric said before vanishing into the distance.

"Where did he go?" Max asked worriedly.

Sharkboy opened his tracker. "He's headed to Earth."

"He's going to try and destroy you in your sleep," Minus said.

"In my sleep? You mean, I'm asleep? All this time, I've been asleep?" Max questioned, hurt filling his eyes.

"No," Lavagirl said.

"You're dreaming, Max," I admitted.

"With your eyes open," Sharkboy added.

"Make the dream real. You can live out your dreams on Earth. Just like you made us real," Lavagirl explained.

"Make it real," Sharkboy agreed.

"Blink your eyes three times. One..." Lavagirl started.

He blinked. "Wait, what happens when-"

"Two," Sharkboy counted.

He blinked. "Will I ever see you again?"

"Three," I whispered.