Chapter 6- Tobor

"We'll never find our way out of this graveyard," Lavagirl said.

"Darkness! Headed this way!" Sharkboy announced.

"Sit down, Max," Lavagirl said, pushing him to sit on a box.

"What for?" Max asked.

"Close your eyes and dream. If Max can't remember his dreams, maybe he can re-dream them," Lavagirl reasoned.

"He can dream us outta here," I agreed.

"Dream, Max. Now, what do you see?" Lavagirl asked.

"I see, uh, a giant chocolate-chunk marshmallow cookie. With lots of warm milk," Max breathed.

"He's thinking about the cookies that you two scorched and he was yelled at for," I said.

"Sorry. I'm starving," Max apologized.

"Here's some food," Lavagirl said as I walked around them slowly.

"You're not going to like that," Sharkboy commented.

"I'm so hungry, I can eat lava rocks," Max said. He took a bite of one and steam came out of his ears. "What is that?"

"Lava rocks," Lavagirl said.

"Here. Have some real food. Fresh sushi. It'll knock you right out," Sharkboy said, holding up a fish.

"That's not fresh. I'm not even sure that's sushi anymore," Max said, the smell revolting to me.

"It's only a few weeks old," Sharkboy protested.

"I'll cook it for you," Lavagirl offered.

I waited a moment. "By cook, she means burn to a crisp."

"It's okay. I'm not that hungry anymore. Let me just rest a moment. Maybe I can sleep," Max assured us.

"It's getting closer!" Sharkboy warned us as singing bubbles surrounded him.

As I became a human, I winced. I felt better, but I sneezed. I sat down, crossing my legs. I buried my face in my hands. Everything was crashing down. Little blue spots filled my vision.

"Hey, you okay?" Sharkboy asked, sitting next to me.

"I'm dying. What do you think?" I snapped. "I'm having a word with the princess when I see her."

"She's not the one doing it, at least," Sharkboy reasoned.

"I'm still freezing over. And both of you are around me," I whispered. "Thanks for making the crown, by the way. That was sweet."

"When did you get it?" Sharkboy asked.

"This morning. I went down to the coast and fed them," I explained, making him smile. "Still treat me like an old friend."

"You're the one who saved me," Sharkboy reasoned. "You're going to be welcome there for the rest of our lives." Sharkboy heard Lavagirl talking and sped off. "No distractions. We steer him off course, we could be lost in a sea of dreams."

"I'm sorry, I'm desperate," Lavagirl said.

"Focus on the problem at hand," Sharkboy said as I got up. "Max needs to dream us outta here, so how about I put him to sleep right now?"

"Sharkboy," I said warningly, grabbing him by his shoulders.

"Just one punch," Sharkboy said as I turned back into Aquagirl. "He'll be out like a light."

I cupped his cheek, turning his attention to me. My lips met his, desperately trying to calm him down. His hands gently gripped my waist, sending a hot burst through my body.